My best friend is a what?

Colson POV

Since the night of mine and Jake's time together, time has been going so slow. I have been deployed for almost two months now and each day I miss him more and more and I just want to go home and be in his arms again.

My fellow soldiers have noticed my mark and it's easy to pass off as a tattoo because it looks like one. It's of a wolf head with blue green red orange and purple colors all around it, it's from the base of my ear to the bottom of my neck where my neck and shoulder meet. I absolutely love it. Right under where his jaw is his name in tribal language, it is just beautiful.

We talk at least twice a week if possible but the internet connection over here isn't that great and with sand storms nocking it out, it's hard but if we don't talk, we at least email one another, him more so than me as I don't have access to the net or laptop as I would at home so when I log in, I have a lot of emails from Jake and I love it. I read everyone with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes when it's an emotional one. Most are so I cry a lot and honestly yes I miss him but my emotions are all over the place the past few weeks and I think it's from the mate bond as I can feel all he's feeling so maybe that's why, I don't know.

Things over here have been quiet, we pretty much are just here to overlook the others and help out when needed. We do patrols and supply runs basically. It's hot and humid as hell during the day and cold at night. Sharing a bunker with thirty other guys in the heat, it's disgusting but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's what I signed up for, fighting for my country and this work were doing may not seem important to non-military personal but it is. If it weren't for us, those that are doing other jobs won't have the supplies they need and without patrols, no one is here to find the threats that linger in the shadows. Thankfully so far no one has been injured by gun fire from the enemy which we are all grateful for. I have too much to live for and so do the men I'm with.

"Yo C, where's your mind at man? We can't be spacing while on patrol. Are you alright?" Ben asked me, he's one of my good friends. We went through boot camp together and have been based together while I was active duty.

"Yea just thinking about my life back home and how much I miss it." I answered looking around me to see if I see anyone.

"How is your wife and the twins? You never did tell me when they were born man." He asked looking around as well.

"Well ah they were born a few months ago and turns out, they weren't mine. They were a friend of ours. She got drunk one night when I was out of town and fucked him and got pregnant. She was hoping they were mine and if they were, she wasn't going to tell me. I divorced her. I gotta tell ya, when I saw the twins, I was heart-broken and torn over what to do. I grew to love them you know. They aren't at fault for what their mother did."

"Shit man, I'm sorry. Why didn't you call me? I would have been there for you man you know that."

"Yea I know, there was a lot going on and before she had them, I met someone. I guess it was a blessing in a way because I would have left her no matter what, kinda didn't have much of a choice unless I did something horrible, on top of what I had already done."

"You're not making much sense man. What are you talking about? You met someone even before she had the babies and even if they were yours, you would have left her anyways? Why?" He asked with a genuine concern.

"I don't know if I can tell you, it's kind of something that isn't spoken about with people who don't know about this situation. There are things going on that I was asked to not talk about with anyone because it could be a danger to um well just a danger." I said as vague as I could. I don't want to cause any trouble or danger to Jake and the rest of them.