Alpha Jake

Jake’s POV

So this is it, today is the day I become Alpha. To say I’m nervous is an understatement. I know I’m mentally ready for this, I have years of training with my uncle’s and went to camp. I have an amazing supporting family by my side to help when I need it but am I really ready to lead everyone, to put their lives in my hands for the next however many years to come? I have some major shoes to fill.
Papaw and uncle’s Hunter and Mason have lead this pack to greatness over the past forty years and papaws father before him and so on.

Tonight after the ceremony and the celebration, is what I’m also nervous about. Mating with Sawyer, I know it’s going to be incredible and amazing because he is. He has the most selfless heart in the world. He has shown me that with his beautiful gift for me in the boulder of Colson. How many people do you know would do something like that just because they wanted you to be able to talk to your deceased mate? Stone is so eager to mate and mark Sawyer and Dixon, Sawyer’s wolf. He has been itching to get out and claim them. He was close last night when Sawyer and I were having some fun in the living room but I held him back because I wanted it to be special and tonight, it will be.

I have fallen in love with Sawyer over the past few months since meeting him and I plan on telling him tonight as we make love. Tonight has to be perfect, for him. He deserves it more than anything.

He is amazing with my son and seeing them together, it feels complete and my heart doesn’t hurt like before. It still aches of course, it always will because I lost part of my heart and soul when Colson died and that will never be healed. Sawyer though has healed a lot of my broken heart and soul and I can never in my life repay him for the kindness and patience and love he has shown me. I swear he is an angel. He is, there is no other explanation for how amazing he is.

“Hey son.” Dad popped his head in my room and smiled at me.

“Hey daddy. What’s up?” I asked and he came into my room and sat on my bed and patted the spot next to him so I sat down and he handed me a small box.

“A while ago I found this and when I saw it, I knew I had to get it for you. I didn’t know when to give it to you though. I didn’t know at the time you would be Alpha of the pack  and I thought I would end up giving this to you on a birthday or the birth of your first child. When I found out you were to be Alpha, I knew this moment was the one to give this to you. I know how much you are worried about being Alpha but Jake, you don’t need to be. You were born to do this. You are an incredible amazing kind son and you have grown into an even more incredible amazing kind man. I am so damn proud of you Jake. You have brought me so much happiness over the years when I was alone and you have in so many ways brought me back from darkness, you don’t even know. You are my baby and always will be, you are the light in my life Jake and I thank the goddess for giving me you every day. I have watched you grow into the man you are today and it warms my heart knowing I had a hand in who you are. There isn’t anything that you can’t face and get through. You went through the hardest thing imaginable and lived to tell the tale, just like I did. We went through hell but now, life is amazing and it’s just starting for you, your son and mate. I know you are going to raise  Connor to be an amazing man because well you are his father and your mate, he’s wonderful. If you ever feel lost on what to do, just know we are here for you and will always be here for you. I love you Jake Levi O'Brian.” As daddy was speaking, tears fell from both our eyes and I grabbed him and hugged him tight.

“I love you too daddy, thank you for everything and for always being there for me. You mean the world to me and I couldn’t ask for a better daddy.”

“Thank you son. Open your gift because it’s time to go.” I nodded and opened the box and gasped. It’s a wolf carving in a baby blue arrow head with the outer edge of it being indented all the way around. It’s on a soft piece of leather.

“Daddy it’s beautiful

“Daddy it’s beautiful. Thank you.” He smiled and he took it and placed it around my neck.

“Now you are ready.” He said and took my hand and we walked hand and hand down the stairs and outside to the backyard.

Everything was perfect. Lights were everywhere, the sun is close to setting making the sky a beautiful combination of orange red and pink. There were tables full of food and drinks, pack members were all sitting down facing the stage and got quiet the minute I stepped on stage. Uncle Hunter motioned me to stand beside him and he smiled at me and tuned to face everyone.

“Today is a very proud day for me. Today I get the honor of handing my nephew the Alpha power and with it, you. I have watched this amazing young man blossom into the man he is today. I have watched him grow, struggle, succeed, fail, soar and above all else, I have watched him make it through something horrible and in the end, it has made him stronger in many ways. I have done all I can to mold him into what I know to be a wonderful Alpha. He has spent countless hours by my side watching me handle things and has done some himself. With my help and camp, he is finally ready to lead you all. I know I can count on my Alpha to guide us to the future and I hope you all have faith in believing he can to. Jake if you would please raise your right hand.”

I raised my right hand and uncle Hunter cut his palm and mine and he brought his hand up to mine and held it and as he did, he said some kind of enchantment giving me his power. I felt myself grow taller wider and ah all of me grew. I felt the power all over my body and it felt incredibly powerful honestly. Once he was done he let my hand go and it instantly healed.

“Congratulations Jake, I know you will make me proud. Now Sawyer and my beta Danny will hand you his power and title.” I stepped back and let daddy and Sawyer do the same thing I just did.

I am now Alpha and it is amazing. Now to mingle and celebrate with my family and my mate later on.