Home

Jake POV

When I heard Sawyer break it down the way he did when he called to say who it was that had killed Colson, I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe it was Kevin. I knew me ending things with him was hard on him but I had no idea he would have went as far as to kill my mate. I don’t even know why he went after Colson but I am damn sure going to find out soon. I’m so pissed and hurt at the same time.

Kevin and I dated on and off in high school, we hung out cuddled kissed went as far as getting one another off but never had sex, I wouldn’t go that far. We had a good thing as far as just dating went and I thought he understood when I told him I met my mate.

We had talked about this before that when we find our mates we would let one another go and be happy for him. I wouldn’t hold it against Kevin if he found his mate, I would be thrilled. Well now he won’t ever have that chance because I am going to kill the mother fucker. I am going to put him through pain and end his pathetic life. He caused my mate to die and my son to be born way to early and have to fight for his life so Kevin is definitely going to feel my pain.

We all are packed up and headed home. I didn’t want to leave because NC is the place my mate is buried and I feel like I’m leaving him behind. I won’t be able to visit him and talk to him whenever I feel lonely which is all the time. I miss him so much, I feel myself slowly dying because I lost my mate I can’t tell dad because he will worry about what is going on with me and there is no point in him worrying when there is nothing he can do to save my life.

I don’t want to die obviously because I have a beautiful son to live for but not having my mate is slowly killing me and I don’t know what to do. My whole world has been destroyed and I can’t fix it, I’m powerless against this and that scares me. I’m used to fixing problems and issues and figuring out the next step but when it comes to me, I’m useless and can’t seem to help myself.

We finally arrive home, it was a long and tiring flight but I can see my precious son which is exactly where I am going to go when we get to the pack grounds.

We get into our own vehicles after we get our luggage and I sigh looking over at the passenger side remembering the times Colson would sit there looking out the window or playing with the radio and holding my hand as I drove. I turn on my truck and leave the parking garage and head home.

A forty five minute drive later and I’m breathing a sigh of relief. I don’t like leaving home often, home brings comfort and warmth like no other place. I park my truck in the drive and take my bags and go unlock the house and take my stuff to my room and run back down the stairs and head to the pack house and quickly run down to the infirmary to see Connor.

I open the door and see an unfamiliar male near my son and I let out a warning growl for him to back away from my son. His head snaps in my direction and he pales and puts his hands up and slowly backs away.

“Alpha Jake welcome back.” Doctor Scott said when he entered the room.

“Thanks, whose he and why was he touching my son?” I asked looking at the unfamiliar man.

“This is Brian, he came with Ben’s pack, he has been helping me in the clinic since he is in training to be a pack doctor.”

“I don’t want someone who isn’t a pack doctor touching my son. I already lost my mate, I’ll be damned if someone who is in training touches my son and he is harmed in any way because he isn’t fully trained yet.” I said and they bow their heads.

“I didn’t mean any disrespect Alpha, I was just checking his vitals and was going to report to doc Scott when I was finished. I wouldn’t give him medicine or change any of his treatments. I won’t risk your sons life like that.” Brian said and handed a file to Scott.

“Doesn’t matter, don’t touch my son again.” I said firmly and he nodded and walked to take care of a warrior in the next bed.

“How is he doing?” I aske Scott since he is just looking at me like I lost my mind.

“I understand how you feel I do but this is my clinic and I am training Brian as he is here and I wouldn’t have let him check on Connor if I didn’t trust him to care for him the way I do.”

“I don’t give a fuck if this is ‘your clinic' he is my son and this will be my pack, you do as I say and if you don’t well you can leave. I don’t trust anyone right now since I found out someone I thought I could trust killed my mate so do as I say and there won’t be any issues, understood?” I asked in my Alpha tone and he bared his neck to me showing me submission.

“I understand, I apologize Alpha. To answer your question regarding Connor, he is doing well. He gained half a pound since he was born and grew three inches. As you can see his skin is a lot thicker now so if you want, you can hold him. Skin to skin contact is best so I recommend removing your shirt and hold him to your chest and cover him with the blanket so he doesn’t get cold. I will give you some privacy just let me know when your done.” He said and walked out of the room.

I looked at Connor and smiled. I opened the side of his bed after I took my shirt off. I picked him up gently and grabbed the baby blue blanket my dad has on top of his bed and sat down in the rocking chair and put Connor on my chest and put the blanket on him. I kiss his head softly and breath in his scent. I sigh and close my eyes and let a tear fall.

“Hi my beautiful pup. I am so glad you are getting better. I am so happy I can hold you, you are getting so strong so fast so you must have my Alpha gene, which I’m grateful for because I need you to get stronger so I can take you home. I still need to set up a nursery for you. I haven’t had the time because I have been here with you and I had to go say goodbye to daddy.

You would have loved your daddy. Having a family is all he wanted. He was the best Connor. He loved with all he had and he will always be in my heart. I will teach you about him when you get older and I will make sure he is never forgotten. I have this tattoo on my neck and chest so I will always have him with me and now that you are getting better I will add your hand print to it somehow. I love you so much son and I am so happy you are in my life because I need you, I need you to be able to go on with my life because I feel like I am dying without your daddy. Now I know how your papaw felt for years. I don’t wish this pain on anyone. It’s unbearable and it hurts. I know your mate dying and mate rejection is two different things so the pain is a little different but it still hurts so much and losing your daddy is the hardest thing I ever had to go through. I know I need to be strong for you pup and I will be, I learned from the best.

You have a big family who love you so much so you won’t ever be lonely, you will always have someone there for you. I love you.” I kissed the top of his head and just held him close until I felt my body getting tired so I put him back in his bed and shut it. I turned off the light and went to Scott’s office.

“I'm heading home. He’s sleeping peacefully and I’m exhausted. Thank you Scott. I appreciate it.”

“No problem Jake. Have a good rest and see you later I’m sure.” He said and smiled at me.

“ Yea see you later.” I smile back and left.

Sighing I went into the house and went to go to my room to lay down for a bit.