What, no why?!

Mysterious Person POV

Seeing Jake show up to be with Colson wasn't something I was expecting, now his dad and Ben are out trying to catch a scent of who it was that detonated the bomb, but they won't find mine. I masked it so they will be looking for a long time.

I have been watching Jake and his dad since they got here and listening to them, so I know what they are doing or are thinking. I love werewolf hearing!

Jake is not doing good, I hate being the cause of his pain, but I did what I had to do to make sure Colson is out of his life and well, I don't regret it.

Not knowing Colson was pregnant though and harming the innocent child, I do regret that. I had no idea he was pregnant and now Jake's son is also fighting for his little life.

Colson shouldn't have even still been here being pregnant so therefore it's his fault his child is hurt, if he wasn't hiding that fact well things would have turned out different.

I hear the machines going off in the med tent and I see Jake walking out of the tent and fall to his knees with tears falling down his cheeks, he puts his hands over his face and I see his shoulders shake, meaning he is crying so I make my way over some toward the tent but still not letting him see me and I stand and just watch him, I want to comfort him but now isn't the time, I still need to plan the perfect time to show myself to him, when he is most vulnerable and not thinking right. That's when I will make my move.

Jake POV

I got jolted awake by the alarms on both Colson's and Connor's machines so doctors and nurses ran inside the med tent from the back and told me to leave so they can work on them so I walked like a zombie outside and fell to my knees and put my face in my hands and just let the sobs ransack my body while I listen to the sounds of them working on my family.

Dad is out with Ben, but I mind linked him and told him what happened, so he'll be here soon, I hope. Hearing the machines going off and the shouts of the docs is breaking my heart, the flatline noise is the most heartbreaking one because I have no idea if it's Colson or Connor, I just know it's killing me to listen to it.

I feel my dad's arms wrap around me and he pulls me into his body and holds me trying to calm me down. I hear Ben rushing inside the tent and suddenly the beeping and sounds all stop, there is no noise whatsoever being heard so I jump out of dad's arms and run inside and see them turning off the machine's to Colson. I feel like my lungs are crushing in on me because I can't breathe. I feel my body slowly falling down but I'm not moving, I can't move. Ben is standing in the middle and the docs and nurses all look like they are at a loss.

It takes a minute for my brain to catch up to my eyes and once it does, I run over to Colson and take him in my arms and sob into his neck, asking him to come back to me, to not leave me or our son. I beg the moon goddess to bring him back or show me a sign of how I can bring him back. I feel the connection and bond breaking and it is killing me, I feel like my whole body is shutting down and I feel my eyes close and I don't want to open them because I know he is gone and I don't want to face that reality right now.

I hear dad and Ben crying along with others but at the moment I don't really care, I just want my mate back. I feel myself drifting to sleep while crying because I am just so exhausted and in so much pain that I don't want to be awake. I feel my body being laid down and I let the darkness take over and I know I have to wake up because of my pup but at the same time, I don't want to because I will be without Colson.

*Dream*

I feel at peace and I feel no pain and I am in this area where it is so peaceful and black with white dots everywhere, I squint and look at the dots some more only to discover they are stars, in the sky that is right in front of me. I do a turn around and all I see is stars and stars for miles, it is amazing being here wherever here is.

I hear this beautiful angelic voice calling my name in a singsong tone and I my body just starts to glide toward it, wanting to be near whomever the voice belongs to. I find a beautiful woman with long dark as night silky curly hair and the brightest purple eyes I have ever seen, her skin is that of a porcelain doll and her smile is just as bright as the moon. I realized she is the mother of all, the moon goddess. I get on my knees and bow my head low to show her the respect she deserves.

"Hello my child, please stand." She said and my body stood on its own, I have no control over my body right now.

"Now you called upon me for help, to bring back your mate whom has done nothing but hurt you in one way or another, one who kept so many secrets and has hurt you from the very first day you both met? Tell me why I should bring him back only to have you suffer more in the future with his hidden secrets and lies he will tell." She said and all the while she had a smile on her face.

"Because I love him, you made him for me. He is my soulmate."

"Yes, I did but the man who he is, isn't the man who he should be. He took many different paths in his life to make him the man he is today, the man whom I paired you with is not who he is. I know it hurts to lose a mate and I have watched you suffer one to many times. I will not bring him back. You will be ok, you will raise your son to be amazing as you are and you will find someone who is made for you, who is who they are supposed to be and when you find him, he will accept you and love you like you deserve. I am sorry my child for all you have been through and just know this, your dad has been hurt but he is complete now, you will be to. I love you my child." She said and kissed my cheek and forehead and next thing I know, it's dark again and I still feel at peace.