I just can't believe it

Sawyer POV

I was sitting under a tree watching the service for Colson on Skype, Conrad called me when it first started, and I have been watching since it started at the church.

I watched a broken Jake say goodbye to Colson and that was one of the hardest things I have ever watched, at least until they were at the cemetery and when they did the twenty-one-gun salute.

Jake was already walking away from the service and when the first round of shots went off, he stopped and I saw his shoulders shaking so hard and fast and the sounds he made, I felt my own heart break at that.

His family and Ben and all of them were at his side in no time, supporting him trying to hold him up but it was futile. He fought them off and wouldn't let anyone near him.

After the service was over Conrad said he'll call later and hung up the call. I sat there just thinking about Jake and thinking about what he is going through. I have no idea why I am so worried about a man I have never met, scared he is going to hurt someone or himself, a want to be near him to look into his eyes and tell him it'll be ok in time and I have no idea where these feelings are coming from.

Sighing I get up from under the tree and make my way back to the pack house and I walk inside and see my brother walking down the stairs.

"Hey Sawyer, I was just knocking at your office door. I have some information I need to share with you, now please? It's about Colson." Brian said and I nodded, and we headed up stairs and I unlocked my office door and we went inside, and he shut the door and locked it.

I pushed a button to make the room soundproof and he put a folder on my desk that he had in his hand.

I opened the file and I started reading the information and I felt my blood boil and I was seeing red.

"Are you sure this is correct Brian?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"Yes, he and Jake dated in high school, Jake went to Alpha camp, came home found his mate and broke it off with him. He ended up on the same deployment with Colson and Ben and after Ben came home he had some trackers go over and keep up the search and they found all the evidence they needed to pinpoint who it was, they found a potion for masking his scent permanently so it was harder to track but it also made it easier to sniff him out since he has no scent. They found the makings for a bomb in his room and his web history showed how he searched on how to make one." Brian said and I sighed a heavy sigh and picked my phone up to call Ben. The phone rang twice before he answered.

"Hey Sawyer, how are you? How's things at home?" He asked and I heard noise in the background meaning he was with everyone so this will be easier.

"Put me on speaker and make sure Jake is right there along with his dad, I have a feeling he is going to wolf out when I say what I have to say." I warned and I heard him call for Jake and Danny.

"Ok, you're on speaker and Jake is here with Danny." I also put my phone on speaker.

"Alright. So, the trackers you sent over there to take over for you and Danny, well they found who it was. Jake, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, someone you don't even know giving you this name is not right, but I just found out myself. He was a member of our pack, but he left a few years ago to join the Army, we haven't seen or heard from him since. He met you and you and he dated while you were in school. You met Colson when you came back from Alpha camp and broke it off with him. he ended up on this last deployment with Ben and Colson, do you know who I am talking about Jake?" I asked and I could hear his breathing becoming irregular and fast.

"No no no no no no no" He kept saying and everyone was asking who it was, all but Danny as he knew I'm sure.

"It was Kevin?" Danny asked shocked and that's when Jake lost it, he roared so loud I had to cover my ears and so did Brian.

"Yes, it was Kevin. He is on his way over as we speak, and he will be sent to your pack to be dealt with as you see fit of course." Brian spoke

"Be there Sawyer and Brian." Ben said and the phone went dead.

"Well looks like were making a trip to them. Since we don't have a lot of pack members let's take everyone. Who knows how long we will be gone, and I don't want to leave them unprotected." I said and he nodded. We left my office and went outside and the pack was hanging out and the pups were playing catch with the teens.

"Listen up everyone." I said and everyone got quiet and looked at me.

"We are leaving to go to Alpha Hunter and Mason's pack. You all know what is going on with their nephew right now and we just got word on who it was that murdered Colson and turns out it was Kevin. Yes, the same Kevin that was a pack member here before any of you ask so Ben had told me to be there when they return from North Carolina. Since there won't be anyone here to protect the pack except the warriors, you all are coming with us. I know they have room there so go pack up and we will be leaving in a couple hours. I need a few warriors to go take the vehicles to get them gassed up and check the fluids and those that do do this, someone pack for them while they are taking care of the vehicles. Jake and his family need support so please when we get there, ask if you can help in any way anyhow anytime. He is the next in line to be Alpha so please, be respectful to him and the whole pack. Thank you." I said and everyone was shocked, and I can feel their anger as well of the news of what a former pack member did to an Alpha's mate. Everyone nodded and went off to do their thing.

I went up to my floor and went into my apartment and packed up a few bags of clothes and personal items like my laptop tablet game system things like that. I stripped my bed and threw the sheets and comforter in the laundry room before I went to the kitchen and packed a cooler of food and one of drinks. I also packed the medical kit in case a pup needs it, they haven't shifted yet, so their healing is slow.

I put everything in the hall and shut and locked the door and picked up my bags and carried them downstairs.

"Hey Maddie, could you go up stairs to my floor and grab one of the coolers that's in front of my door and take Sofie with you to grab the other please?" I asked one of the teens that was in the game room as I passed it.

"Yes, Beta Sawyer." She smiled and went to grab Sofie and went to my floor and I took my bags out and put them in my truck. Everyone was pretty much packed up and ready to go. I did one last run through of the house and made sure all the doors and windows were locked and everyone drove out of the pack grounds and I made sure the gate was shut and locked before we headed out to Jake's pack.

It's going to be a hell of a few weeks, maybe longer but when an ally needs your help, you do whatever it takes to help them. Ben looks up to Jake and will do anything for him so we will as well.