Always with me

Picture of Connor, he's so freaking adorable!

"Hey little man, are you ready to go home?" I asked my beautiful son as I picked him up out of his normal infant bed and held his little body to my chest. He cooded a little and I smiled at him.

"I'll take that as a yes, I'm excited your coming home. It's been a long two and a half months but you are healthy and strong so it's time to go home son." I kissed his little head gently and walked over to his carrier and placed him in it and buckled him in. I don't want to risk dropping him on the walk home, I have only held him in the clinic so just being cautious.

After I get him secured in his carrier and sign the paperwork we are finally heading home.

I walk into the house and everyone is there to greet him. Dad and papa put together a welcome home for Connor and the first person to grab him is mamaw. I went to protest but she cut her eyes at me and grinned when I backed away slowly. She giggled and took him around the room for him to meet everyone.

"Hey, it's good to have him home huh?" Ben asked me and handed me a glass of sweet tea.

"Yes. It has been hell but it was worth it. I just wish Colson was here to enjoy this and to be with his son." I said looking at Conrad gushing over Connor in mamaws arms and trying to hold him but she swatted his hand away and I couldn't help but laugh at the look on Conrad's face.

"I wish I was to but I will always be with you both Jake." I heard a voice say softly in my ear and I shivered. I looked around me to see if anyone else heard it but it seems no one did.

"I understand man I do but, you have your family, all of us and Sawyer. None of us can't and will never be able to replace Colson but you do have us. I miss him and he was my best friend, known him half my life but I lean on my loved ones and I make it through the hard times and you will to, I promise." Ben said and I nodded taking in his words.

"Thanks Ben, I appreciate it. I will always love him and wish he was part of the big moments, walking for the first time, first word, first date, first heart break, first dance, birthdays, when he meets his mate, marriage and having a child of his own. He is going to wish that to when he is old enough to learn about Colson. It's going to be one hell of a ride raising him but I can't wait to see how it goes."

"That it is. Since my babies were born, my life changed completely and I absolutely love it."

"I can imagine..." soft cries stop me from talking and I go over to papa who now has Connor and take him into my arms and gently bounce him and rub his back.

"Hey it's ok, I know it's a lot for your little mind so do you want to go check out your room? I finally got it done." I said to him and he started to cry even harder and a bottle was put in my hard by Len.

"Thanks. Everyone I will be back down in a bit, I'm going to put him down for a nap." Everyone nodded and went back to their conversation's and Sawyer grabbed my hand and we made our way up to Connor's nursery.

" Everyone nodded and went back to their conversation's and Sawyer grabbed my hand and we made our way up to Connor's nursery