He is out of his damned mind

Colson POV

Everything was going great with my life, I have a beautiful amazing wife who is pregnant with our babies, my business is doing great and I am close to being able to buy a house before they are born and get us out of the upstairs apartment from the diner. Then out of the blue I met Jayden and Jaylen's brother Jake. He told me he is a damned werewolf and I'm his soulmate? What kind of sick shit is that? Werewolves don't exist and I am not gay. I never looked at another guy the way I looked at women, not even in the high school locker room when we would change. I just never thought of men as attractive or wandered what it would be like to be with one. Jake though was handsome if I was being honest, his smile was nice and his eye color is beautiful, I'm an eye person, man or woman if you had nice eyes I would notice. I could tell he worked out because he had bulging muscles and toned legs. His voice was smooth and slightly rough when he said certain words. I may not be gay, but I can appreciate beauty in another.

My wife, Judy walked into the living room and sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her.

"Hey babe, how was work today?" she asked me as she ran her finger along my arm.

"Busy but good. How was your day? How are you and the babies?"

"We're good. They were kicking up a storm earlier and they wouldn't let me rest, I think they missed their daddy because they are calm now." I chuckled and rubbed her big belly.

"Hey, you little angel's, you need to let mama sleep and rest up for when you get here. You need her rested to take care of you. Of course, I will be here but your mama, she is a super star. She is doing all the work in making sure you are healthy so at least ease up on her and let her rest, ok?" I said softly to her belly and placed kisses on it.

"You are going to be an amazing father, you know that?"

"You think so? I'm worried that I won't be good enough for them. They deserve a better life than I had growing up and I will do whatever it takes to make that happen."

"I know you will make an amazing father and I know, you already doing just that. We may not have the best house but that doesn't matter, all we need is you, you are a wonderful man Colson, you are already providing for the babies and me, don't be so hard on yourself. Have you eaten? We can go out to dinner, we don't have many days left before I have to stay close to home before I get admitted to the hospital."

"Yea, go get dolled up and I'll take you to your favorite place."

"Really?!" she asked excitedly. I chuckled and nodded, and she gave me a slow sweet kiss before getting up, with my help. She waddled into the bedroom and out and into the bathroom. I heard the water start and went into our bedroom and got a pair of dress pants and a navy-blue button-down dress shirt and jacket. I took my clothes off and went to join her in the shower. I opened the shower door and stepped in behind her and took her luffa and put her sweet-smelling body wash on it and lathered it up and started to wash her back softly. After I washed her back, I placed soft kisses on her shoulder and up her neck, she moaned softly and leaned back into my body. Things got heated in the shower before I picked her up and took her to bed and finished up there before we got ready to go out to dinner. She looked beautiful in her long flowy baby pink dress that hugged her belly. It was thin strapped, and it showed her body well. She let her dark brown hair fall onto her shoulders and she wore light make up, she is a sight to see.

"You look beautiful, are you ready?" I asked and held my arm out for her to link hers with mine. We went outside the apartment and down the stairs and outside to my car. I opened the door for her, and she got in. I got in the driver's side and started it up and drove us to her favorite little spot to eat on the water surrounded by trees with an opening overlooking over the water, the stars were out, and the moon is almost full and the weather is warm. It's a perfect night.

We got home and I made love to my wife all night long and sleep took over us around five in the morning but for some reason, I felt my heart hurt a little and I couldn't understand why.

I woke up a few hours later to my wife missing from bed and I sat up. I got out of bed went to the bathroom took care of my business washed my hands and got dressed in jeans and a t shirt. I got my socks and shoes on and went down to the diner to see her taking care of the customers. I grabbed the food that was in the window and took it to the table it belongs to and placed it where I was instructed to where it went. All day long the pain in my heart was getting worse and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was. I feel like crying for some reason and I never cry, at least not over something I have no idea why which is weird. My wife has asked me a few times if I was alright and I would tell her yes because I don't need her to worry but I know, I'm not ok and for some reason in the back of my mind, Jake is some how connected to why I'm not but I'm not sure as to why. I need to talk to him or his brothers or father to figure out what is going on.