47 - Taehyung is Awake

Taehyung started to move around 3am. He had slept long and deep, barely moving. Jungkook refused to let him go nor did he eat during the time that Taehyung slept.  Only getting up to use the bathroom. Taehyung's movements were slow and the arms that held him, tight. He eventually managed to stretch out his legs and open his eyes. The face before him meant everything and he was thankful to see it again.

Taehyung rubbed his nose against Jungkook's cheek, causing the young Alpha to wake up. Before he could open his eyes, Jungkook felt a delicate pair of arms around him, soft shaking coming from the warm body that he held against him. Taehyung was crying but ever so softly.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook kept his voice low and gentle.

"Kookie!" Taehyung could only hold on to his Mate tighter, the Omega's scent wrapping around them both, the young Alpha growling out of happiness.

Taehyung suddenly sat up and began scanning around the room. He was out of it as his brain tried to shake off the last bits of sleep and exhaustion. He thought he was in a dream. Feeling movement next to him, Tae whipped his head around just as Jungkook was sitting up next to him, his eyes still closed.

"Kookie!! Oh my God you're alive!" This time Taehyung's soft crying turned to sobs of joy.

"Hey, kitten. I'm okay, I'm okay." Jungkook carefully wrapped his Omega in another hug, not knowing if he was healed or not. Rubbing Taehyung's back to calm him down, Jungkook buried his face in his Mates neck, deeply inhaling the wonderful scent he thought he would never smell again.

Taehyung's sobs stopped and were replaced with repeated 'I love you's'.

Jungkook pulled away to gaze at his Mate's beautiful yet teared covered face. Taehyung closed his eyes to take some deep breaths to steady himself. After a couple of seconds he opened them. A pair of striking beautiful golden pools looking at the Alpha.

"Tae! Your eyes!"

Taehyung smiled, bringing their foreheads together. "I know. God I'm so happy you're okay!"

"Me too baby. You did this Taehyung, not me."

"Thank you for holding on."

"Thank you for saving me, my beautiful Dire."

"My Handsome Great Alpha...so you know?"

"Yeah, I heard your wolf talking to mine while we both slept. They told me everything. Plus Chin stopped in and told me to listen to what my wolf had to tell me."

"I still can't believe it."

"Me either."

"Tae?"

"Hmn?" Taehyung moved slightly to gaze into his Mates eyes.

"What's up with the eyes?"

"This... this is my normal color now. As is yours."

"What!!" Jungkook didn't know what he was talking about. He didn't feel any different.

"Your eyes Kookie, their gold, like mine."

Jungkook jumped up and was in the bathroom in what seemed like one swift movement but he stopped himself and looked back at Taehyung, unsure of how he had gotten up and out of the bed so quickly. Taehyung chuckled at him.

"How'd I do that?" Jungkook's face was full of questions.

"Didn't your wolf tell you Kookie?"

Jungkook shook his head and rushed to look in the bathroom mirror. Sure enough, his eyes were now gold, just like Taehyungs.

"Holy shit!!" Jungkook hadn't realized he yelled.