29 - Long Day

Tae's mom went to check in with the Alpha guards to see how they were doing.  Luna Jeon moved closer to Taehyung, she could tell something troubled him. 

"Taehyung, hon, how are you really doing?"  Taehyung knew if he spoke the truth he would probably start crying in that moment, so he just hugged her for a few seconds, letting the tears settle back down.

"I miss him."  

"I know, hon.  They will be back tomorrow after they run scouts outside the pack boundaries."

"How do you know?"

"Tae?   Alpha Jeon told me earlier.  Your dad and mom have been in contact with each other as well."  Taehyung felt a little stupid forgetting that the mindlink thing happened with all mated pairs.

"Oh yeah, sorry." 

"It's ok hon.  Hey, thank you and Jimin for helping Chin.  I know he appreciates the help."

"I love helping him, I really like it here Luna Jeon.  I miss being around nature, the trees, seeing the night sky."  

"I'm glad you like ithon.  Well, take it easy Taehyung.  If things get to be too much or your headache comes back, just rest in Jungkook's bed ok?"

"I will, thank you Luna Jeon."  

"Ah!  Enough with the 'Luna', call me mom if you'd like!"

Luna Jeon smiled and went to her office to work while Taehyung went to change for the pizza making.  This time he put on his own clothes.  After getting dressed, he went to find Jimin.  Knowing that the Alphas would be busy into the night, Tae needed to keep himself distracted and Jimin would know just how to do that. He knocked on his door.

"Come on in!"

"Hey MinMin!" Tae walked in, flopping on the spare bed, Jimin was still in the bathroom.   He walked out holding 2 button up shirts.

"Which one looks better? Left or right?"  Tae was confused. They were just helping make pizzas, not going clubbing.

"Uh, we're just making pizzas Min, wear a t-shirt dork!"

"Oh no sweet cheeks!  The Alphas come back tomorrow.  I heard the Lunas talking about having a cookout.  It's easier than Chin having to cook for all of them."  Taehyung only shook his head. 

"Min, do you ever think about finding your mate?"  

"What's with the introspection crap suddenly Tae Tae?"  Jimin tossed the shirts on the bed and sat next him, stroking his friend's hair.

"You miss him, don't know?"

"Fuck, is it that obvious?  God, I'm so pathetic Min."

"No your not Tae bear.  You found your Mate, then he had to up and leave you!  I'd miss him to if he was my mate.  To answer your first question, yes, I do think about finding my mate.  But a Wolfen psychic already told me about him."

"What?  A Wolfen psychic Min?"

"Seriously Tae!  She told me he would come into the coffee shop after a time of turmoil. Hello sweet cheeks!   What do you think this is?  Time of turmoil, duh!"  Tae looked over at Jimin who smirked at him. "You need to have faith butternuts!"

"Oh God, stop calling me that!  You and your fucking pet names."

"Ohhh, I'm sorry... sugar dick !"  Taehyung bopped Jimin on the head with a pillow.

"Let's go help Chin, hey wait!  Want to do movie night tonight?" 

  [The perfect picture to show Jimin's cute yet mischievous nature]

"Of course I want to do movie night!  Maybe Chin will make us another big bowl of popcorn!"

The two laughed while trying to tickle each other in the bed, eventually getting up to find Chin to start the pizza making.  The three enjoyed the afternoon, mixing and rolling multiple batches of pizza dough. Setting the dough aside to raise, they started chopping ingredients for the toppings along with veggies for a salad.  By the time they chopped the veggies and toppings, the pizza dough was ready.  The Luna's came into the kitchen and called the 3 into the office.  

When they entered, they saw some Older Omegas in there as well. The Lunas wanted to let everyone know what was going on.  The scouts found a few groups of Rogues, but they were so disorganized and with no real leadership; they dealt with them quickly.  Both sides only suffered minor injuries.  They gave the captured Rogues the option of joining the smaller Packs in the area.  This would help strengthen their numbers and introduce new blood into the Packs, which was a common practice.   Killing each other was not something either side wanted.   Being Wolfen, they had a hard enough time as it is, a peaceful solution to conflicts was always best.   The Elders learned that the Rogues responsible for the actual attack on Moon Ridge had abandoned the group.  The main ones responsible it seems were working on orders from another unknown high ranking Alpha, who he was, no one knew.

Rogues were Wolfen without a pack, essentially homeless.   The option of joining was always a popular one, as it meant stability and the safety of a Pack.  Most of the Rogue Alphas had mates and pups to take into consideration.  They were on their way back to base camp and would be back by the afternoon tomorrow.  Preparations were under way to welcome them and the newly gained pack members with a cookout.  The smaller packs could leave afterwards, but Alpha Jeon wanted the Steel River pack group to stay for a few extra days as a precaution.  

As everyone exited the Luna's office, Taehyung desperately wanted to contact Jungkook to know if he was ok.  His mom must have seen the worry on his face because she pulled him to the side. 

"Taehyung, hon, Jungkook is fine.  So are your brothers, your dad wanted me to let you know cause he knew you'd worry once you heard the news."

"Thanks mom."  Tae was about to head back to the kitchen when she stopped him again.

"Tae, I think you and Jungkook should-" He stopped her before she could finish with a warm hand on her shoulder.

"We are mom, we talked about it last night and we both agreed that we need to talk."  His mom smiled. She knew those two would be just fine, no matter what they had to face.  They would face it together.

The three Omegas got the pizzas ready assembly line style, some of the other Omegas pitched in to help.  Thankful for the outdoor ovens it didn't take too long to bake them.  The Alpha guards ate first, everyone making sure they had their fill before serving the others.  Once everyone had eaten, and they cleaned the kitchen, Chin made 2 large batches of popcorn for the young Omegas.  He passed on joining them and opted for a much-needed soak in a hot and soothing bathtub.   

Taehyung and Jimin watched movies late into the night, laughing and gabbing away.  Taehyung woke around 4 am and shuffled back to Jungkook's room.  Fighting his restlessness he finally fell asleep around 6 am.

  Fighting his restlessness he finally fell asleep around 6 am

If you're still reading the story THANKS!!  This was a pretty boring chapter.  Things pick up after this.  And yes there is.   smut.   Ugh...writing it is making me nervous but oh well.  These two gotta get it on sometime geez!