27 - Quiet Time

The hoody Jungkook had wrapped around Taehyung that morning stayed on all day.   Whenever he would feel overwhelmed or stressed, he would bury his face inside of it and inhale.   The Alpha's lingering scent calmed him to where he could function again.

It was now 9pm. Taehyung and Jimin finished helping Chin with everything. The three even started the prep work for breakfast the next morning, cutting the time Chin needed to spend in the kitchen in half.  Taehyung felt a headache coming on when things started to slow down for the evening. Jimin suggested they stay up watching movies, but Tae talked him into taking a raincheck.

Taehyung needed rest, thoughts and feelings had been running through his mind all day since Jungkook left.  He couldn't tell if the feelings were from him or his wolf.  So many things made him feel unsure.  The nagging feeling of missing Jungkook floated around often, his mind drifting to the kiss the two shared that morning, brought a smile to his face.

He found the clothes he had set out earlier but wanted to wear something of Jungkook's.  Searching the closet for comfortable clothing to sleep in, he found a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, sniffing to make sure they smelt like him.   After a steaming hot shower, Taehyung relaxed a little.  Drying off and getting dressed, he crawled onto Jungkook's side of the bed. 

The table lamp cast a soothing glow about the room.   Grateful for the warm light, he slowly looked around, hugging the Alpha's pillow against his chest again.  Alone in his Mate's room, Taehyung closed his eyes.  Inhaling deeply, he took in the Alpha's scent.  It was pleasantly soothing with a hint of Sandalwood, his mind settling down, he focused on Jungkook.  The soft-touch on his cheek, the feeling of being wrapped in strong arms,  breath on his neck from being nuzzled by the Alpha, soft lips brought together in their first kiss.  Taking another deep breath, Taehyung relaxed his shoulders, the tension from the day fading.  Taehyung needed to know how he really felt about Jungkook, not from the point of being mates but how he himself felt about him, not his wolf.   Looking back on all the times they had been next to each other, Tae couldn't help but think back to what Chin and Luna Jeon had told him earlier. 

'The Goddess has a way of causing things to happen that keep bringing you two together.'

'They are continually being brought together until they recognize each other as Mates. Once you have recognized each other, it's like an instant Mating. You love each other; you protect each other and so on.'

The truth of Chin's and Luna Jeon's words were so true, every time the two were together, Jungkook was loving and comforting.  He felt safe and protected whenever he found himself in Jungkook's arms.  Jungkook cared for him deeply and he could see it, the twinge in his heart undeniable.

{Jungkook, I miss you.}

//Base Camp//

//Base Camp//

The Alphas spent the day running perimeter around the boundaries of the Pack grounds. Having shifted for most of the day, fatigue caught up with them.  Since they were still within pack boundaries, a few of the Older Alphas that guarded the pack house ran food out to the camp. Everyone was grateful as the meal provided them with full bellies.