2 - In the Kitchen

"Hey sleeping beauty!" Yelled Kai as Taehyung quietly walked into the kitchen. Namjoon and Seong just glanced at him.

Taehyung was neatly dressed as always with a portion of his face and steely eyes hidden by his soft grey hair that framed his face and ears. The 3 could already tell he had had a rough night.

"Hey" Tae replied softly not making eye contact with any of them. He made his way to the kitchen island where his brothers were, grabbed a seat next to Seong and laid his head on the cool granite countertop.

Seong, being the more motherly one of the three, gently placed his hand on the back of Tae's neck and slowly began to massage it.  Taehyung let out a pained sigh but immediately relaxed at his brothers touch.

"Hey Tae, rough night?"

Taehyung found Seong's voice to be so deep and soothing that he gently closed his eyes as he gave Seong better access to his neck for a deeper massage.

"Yeah..."

They could barely hear him as he said it so softly.

The 3 older Alphas relaxed and focused their attention on the younger one. They always worried about their younger brother ever since that incident happened 5 years ago when Taehyung was 14. No one ever talked about it as it was painful for all of them. Even though they were Alphas, they had no issues being around Taehyung, even when they could smell his scent when he slacked off and forget his meds.  When their ruts came they made sure they were away from him.

"You know you can always crawl into bed with anyone of us if the nightmares get to bad" Kai spoke.

With his size, everyone kept a safe distance from the Alpha but when it came to his family and mate, He was nothing but a big soft teddy bear especially where Taehyung was concerned and Taehyung always went to him when he was hurting, upset or just wanted to cuddle. Tae always felt safe with his brothers but Kai was his special protector and the other 2 didn't mind at all.

"I know...I'm just tired of the nightmares and I always feel like a pathetic weak Omega having to run to you guys when things get-"

Seong cut Tae off with a firm yet gentle hand to his shoulder.

"Hey, no one said you were weak. You know we're here for you if you ever need anything. We're just worried about you, that's all"

Taehyung cracked a weak smile of thanks and relaxed back into Seong's neck rub.

*buzz* *buzz*

Taehyung felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Jimin: Hey loser where are you?!?

Tae: fuck...I'm on way. Rough night. sorry

Jimin: no worries tae. But get your cute sexy booty in here before it gets busy

Tae: thanks MinMin 💕💕

Jimin: 💕😜

"I gotta go, I'm late" Tae mumbled and smiled at Seong for the neck rub.  He slid off the chair and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter top and made his way past Namjoon and Kai to the door.

Namjoon sniffed the air and crinkled his nose. "What the hell did you spray, Tae?"

"Oh, it's just my scent spray, why?" Tae slowly started to panic that it wasn't working.

"You sprayed waaay too much! Shit it's strong. You know we can't smell you at all while you're on those pills. You don't need that god awful spray!!"

"But-" Namjoon cut Taehyung off.

"But nothing! Trust me Tae if we started to smell your scent, we wouldn't let you out the frickin' house." The other 2 just smiled at Tae trying not to laugh.

"Fine" Tae sighed. "I'll see you guys after work. Who's picking me up? I have to work late today"

"Me".

"Thanks Kai"

Just as Taehyung was about to walk out the door Namjoon stopped him again.

"Hey, don't forget we have that party tonight!"

Tae froze at the door. He hated parties. They always seemed to end up being nothing but drunk alphas with octopus hands, horny unmated Omegas and awful loud music.  And if Jimin was going he knew he would have to babysit his ass so he didn't get carried off by some  Alpha.

"What party?" Tae shouted.

"The one mom told us about last week ya goof! The Moon Ridge Pack party!" barked Kai.

Tae had forgotten all about the annual Moon Ridge pack party.  It was held every year around this time to bring the local packs together and lasted all day.  The day portion was reserved for the pack Alphas & Lunas to get together and discuss important issues. The evening was meant for celebration. He guessed it was a good thing, better than fighting with each other.  Not to mention it was great chance to find a mate.  The party was always held at Moon Ridge pack compound since it was the biggest pack in the area and had space for everyone.

"Fuck..." groaned Taehyung

"Hey, watch your damn mouth!" Namjoon yelled at him

"Whatever..." with that, Taehyung walked out the door on his way to work.