Ninety Four

I don't think I've ever thanked the gods for Quinn being born into the role of my best friend as I am right at the moment because he pounds out the familiar pattern he's been using when he comes to visit me throughout our entire lives just in time to save me from Grammy's more embarrassing questions. She could apologize a thousand times and be sweeter than honey for a month and I still wouldn't be ready to discuss mine and Daddy's sex life with her.

Her questions may be somewhat innocent now but one thing will always lead to another with my Grammy and the conversation would spiral out of control so fast. She would be so horrified to know that I've now experienced quite a few of the scenarios depicted in the romance novels she never wanted me to read.

The things that come out of his mouth when we make love... The things that come out of my mouth...

And trying to talk about that? With Grammy?

Absolutely not.

I know I'm not supposed to answer the door by myself but it doesn't stop me from scrambling out of Silas's lap to try and get away from the conversation. An effort that sadly is wasted because Daddy carefully pulls me right back down and deposits me onto one of the plush cushions before tugging the blanket that we keep draped over the back of the couch down around me to tuck me in just a tiny bit before going to answer the door himself, leaving me at the mercy of Agatha Pine.

My anxiety jumps as my beautiful man creeps towards the front door, turning to look over his shoulder at me every few steps to make sure I'm okay... He's so sweet and I know he would rather I come with him... But we both know I need to be able to sit in a room without bursting into tears once he's out of view.

Grammy gives me a moment to wipe away the tears that pool in my eyes before she moves closer, sitting on the cushion next to the one currently sheltering my behind and gives me a rueful smile that I know is meant to tell me everything is going to be alright.

"Don't be nervous, Chipmunk. If it's negative you still have your whole life to have babies." For a moment I almost think that she might have veered off into saying that I still have time to leave Silas if his baby isn't currently nestled deep inside of me... But instead, she chooses to comfort me. To accept that I've made my choice and that at this point, all of us waiting to find out if I'm pregnant or not it's a little too late for me to change my mind about the Alpha I've fallen so deeply in love with.

Instead, she gives me a watery smile and continues, "It seems like Silas is treating you well... He'd have to be for you to be hoping for a baby... Right? Silas is being nice to you?"

...
Silas
...

I barely get the door open before I find myself racing back down the hall much to the amusement of Quinn, Casper, and unexpectedly Liam as the follow me.

We make it back to my angel just in time to see one of the most beautiful smiles work its way onto my Princess's face and hear him say, "Grammy, Silas is wonderful. I can't ever remember being so happy... I don't think I have been for a long time until now."

A firm clap to my back from Liam brings me out of the trance my angel's words send me into, and I don't hide the fact that I have to take a moment to wipe the mist out of my eyes before continuing into the room and scooping my little jelly bean up into my arms for a tight hug and revel in the affectionate nuzzle I receive, the both of us doing our best to ignore the overly exuberant "Awwwww"'s that fall from Quinn, Casper, and Liam.

The moment Adrian's feet touch the floor when I let him down he pads over to Quinn and gives him a hug, presumably for fetching the test that could change our lives and just like when he had reached for Agatha's hand I remind myself that the no touching rule won't ever apply when my sweet boy is in need of so much comfort and support. Everyone here is family and safe... Well... Mostly safe.  I know that with the exception of Agatha no one in this room would ever dream of stealing my sweet Princess away from me.

"How about you two go ahead and go piss on the test. As long as it's alright with you Silas, me and these boys can whip something up in the kitchen. Having something warm to eat regardless of whether it's good or bad can make days like this easier to live with." Normally I wouldn't dream of it, especially since the new stove hasn't been delivered yet, but right now I understand what Agatha means. If we're pregnant our little gathering here could quickly turn into a celebration... And if the test is negative stuffing our faces with something warm and hopefully full of carbs would be soothing.

...
Adrian
...

"Liam knows the trick to the stove. The fridge and pantry are both full. Help yourself to whatever." I almost can't breathe past the lump in my throat as a paper bag gets shoved into my grasp, the outline of the thin cardboard box inside pressing into my knuckles as I get swept off my feet and carried away into the bedroom by the kindest man I've ever known, gentle kisses being rained down on my hair and forehead as Daddy makes a b-line for the bathroom before letting me climb out of his arms.

I get pulled into a gentle embrace, my back getting caressed as calm growls leak from the chest that I find so much comfort in.

Pulling away from the strong arms holding me is hard... But I know as I pull the at-home pregnancy test from the crumpled brown paper bag and wrestle the simple-looking stick from the confines of its box before shuffling my pajama bottoms down around my ankles that everything is going to be okay.

It won't ever be now or never... But at least with Silas, I know our now will be forever no matter what.