Eighty One

"Is...Is Mrs.Henderson bad, D-Daddy?" My sweet angel trips over the last part but it's so God-damn cute that my reaction only makes him shyer over the word. As soon as the heated kiss his sweet lips had been pulled in to by my own is over my beautiful baby hides his face away in my shoulder so Liam and I can't catch a peek of what surely is the most stunning blush.

His stunning shyness is almost so distracting that I don't immediately think to answer his question, "She doesn't think Casper should be part of the pack."

"But he's nice? And he's Liam's mate..."' Of course my beautiful mate wouldn't understand... But I almost don't want to tell him. I don't want him to be afraid of anyone... Especially not someone who sometimes pops up here and is attached to Liam by the hip.

...
Adrian
...

"Cassie's a warlock, Hun," Liam answers the question that hangs so heavily in the air, though it takes me a moment to come down from my soothing haze just enough to process the information. Some of yesterday's events make more sense now... Why Casper was able to help with getting my boxes packed and loaded in a timely fashion even with his current condition.

Liam radiates so much tension that I find myself curling up into my happy place... Into my Daddy for comfort and warmth before continuing.

"So Mrs.Henderson is a bigot?" I have to turn my head to see the curt, pained nod that Liam gives, his arms wrapping around himself as though he wishes his mate was here tucked against him instead of off doing whatever he's doing at the moment. 

His relief is so visible in the way it lets the blond man's shoulders finally relax that I wonder how many members of what is now my new pack had had a bad reaction... How many of them agreed with Mrs.Henderson's world view on the subject, "She is a bigot. The gay doesn't bother her, but she heard one too many stories about the great war from her grandparents to feel comfortable around magic users."

My heart aches for the couple... They seemed so happy... Tired... But happy when I got to watch them interact yesterday... And Casper had had only kind words to say to me even if he had tried to pull a prank before leaving.

...
Silas
...

"Daddy can fix her sink. You shouldn't have to help someone that isn't nice to you or Cassie." I almost object to being volun-told that I would be the one fixing the sink that the old woman had probably broken shoving something that is on the list we gave her of things that shouldn't be forced down a garbage disposal down her garbage disposal.

I would have ended up being the one to go anyway because I agree, Liam shouldn't have to expose himself to what would no doubt be a never-ending lecture on how bad his mate would be for the health of this pack in the future even though her thought process is unfounded and so terribly old school. I may not be big on actually interacting with pack members if I don't absolutely have to, it would still be unfair to force my beta into that kind of situation.

"Will you really, Sigh? Cassie has the day off and I'd love to spend it with him."

"Yeah." When the grunt slips from my lips I receive a series of sweet kisses all over my shoulder before I'm able to coax my princess into taking another bite of his indulgent berry covered French toast, a giggle working it's way past his lips as he clamps down around the plastic fork and I tug on it just a little to match his silliness.

"I... I expected more of a fight to not have to do it..." Liam says this more to himself than he does to wither of us, "Fuck... I had a whole negotiation ready and this wasn't part of it."

My Beta runs his palms over his face before a smile splits his face from ear to ear before a timid knock sounds on the other side of the door making us all jump before the magical being in question pops his head through after opening said door just a crack, "Li, is it okay if I come in now?"

...
Adrian
...

How can anyone think Casper is dangerous? The moment Silas gives his nod of permission for the slender warlock to join us he's plastering himself against his mate just like I like to do with Silas... Though their standing cuddle seems a little more weighted with how Casper has to lean on Liam for balance after resting his cane against the dresser to keep his hands free enough to rest against his mate's chest with a supportive fondness.

"We get to spend the day together?" Its a whisper not meant for me or for Silas... Just an intimate exchange between the two of them while Silas focuses his efforts on feeding me bite after bite of what may be the best breakfast choice I've ever made while we listen to the sweet exchange focusing more on each other than our guests.

Liam and Casper aren't as publicly affectionate as the two of us but it's easy to see that they are just as in love, "Yeah... What do you want to do?"

Before Casper can figure out his answer, Silas interrupts them with a raised eyebrow, his hand busy stuffing a bite of sausage in my mouth, "You two need to stay here with Adrian while I go fix the sink."

...
Silas
...

My sweet boy sits up so fast I'm afraid he's choked on his food, but instead of self-preserving panic taking over his visage, it's pain.

"You want me to stay at home?" 

Not at all... I don't ever want to be separated for even a second of the rest of our lives, especially not so soon after finding each other, but, "I don't want you around someone as rude as Mrs.Henderson."

There is no doubt in my mind that the old broad would only succeed in making my princess shed tears, an event to be avoided at all costs, "I'd rather you stay here and be comfortable with Liam looking after you than expose you to her spitefulness..."