Twenty Five

Silas is patient as we linger in the doorway of the bedroom, his arm slung around my waist with his thumb slipped under my sweater brushing against my hip with my backpack hanging from his shoulder. I had backpedaled when he had opened the door for me and instead of being upset that it's taking me so long to actually dive headfirst into Silas filled cuddles he lets me take my time to process...and swallow the lump of nerves forming in my throat.

"What do you think?"

With a giant four-poster bed done up in a slate grey comforter and what looks to be black sheets if the pillowcases are and indication, a calming shade of warm beige splashed against the wall making the dark wood furniture pop, and an almost scarily large fireplace taking up most of the back wall complete with a plush area rug and a comfy chair and more windows than I care to count...

"It's perfect."

My mate chuckles as he pulls me tight against his chest, letting me sigh and lean into him before speaking, "Is that what you're going to say about everything here?"

I feel the heat build-up in my face and the urge to hide my face again becomes paramount, his well-defined chest offering the perfect shelter, his free hand finding itself in my hair again, lovingly stroking me while he teases me with a peppering of light kisses all over the top of my head.

...
Silas
....

My sweet boy pulls out of my arms and takes a few steps away from me and into the room, hesitating before making his way to the bed and letting his fingers trail over the soft top of the dark comforter, eyes on the fireplace as he gets lost in his own head for a moment.

"I don't mean to be stuck on a loop...I guess I'm still kind of in shock that I'm actually here right now... That you managed to get me on the back of your bike.." My sweet Adrian tucks his head into his shoulder before pulling his arms up and wrapping then around his delicate waist curling in on himself, the second half of his statement a hoarse whisper accompanied by a shiver...I really need to get him on the back of my bike again...But I have a feeling it's going to take a good few slow rides in order for him to start liking it, "Its all just kind of hitting me that this isn't a dream...It feels like a dream..."

The need to have us cuddled up and in the bed instead of just standing next to it has my palm finding his flushed cheek and guiding him until he's managing to almost look me in the eye, "Do you still feel safe, Sweetheart? What can I do?"

Anything. Anything at all to expedite the process of us tumbling down with the sole purpose of curling up in the very same sheets that would turn him into a vision of roses and cream in the slowly fading afternoon sun.

Both the question and offer are sincere in nature, my only concern at the moment his well being and not how appetizing he would look splayed against the dark sheets of the bed... How the black material would enhance his pearlescent skin and cause him to seem even paler...make every blush seem that much more intense... I bet I could make his whole body glow that same beautiful rosey red as his cheeks...

"I'm okay...b-but I...I do really want to cuddle... I feel better when you hold me."

...
Adrian
....

Making the admission makes me want to find a hole and crawl inside of it... But I feel so needy... I want him to touch me... I want his arms around me. It takes a lot to force the words out... But this is Silas... He's my mate and until just recently he had had no problem giving me nonstop affection... Maybe it's just that now we're in his territory his wolf doesn't feel the need to hold on to me so tightly or just that he's relaxed now that he's home... But it's making me feel so uneasy not being snuggled and nuzzled... He seems to want to give me what I want to make sure I'm comfortable so surely he won't mind me asking for it.