Seven

"NO FUCKIN' WAY!" Luna Becky screams from her place at the table, her hand slapping the table in front of her hard enough to make the dishes rattle and I watch as the eyes that had been trying and failing to be inconspicuous as they watched us turn to her and stare openly.

She squeals as she excitedly pulls herself off of Collin's lap despite his best efforts to keep her there and she launches herself at us.

She doesn't stop when Silas growls at her. He carefully sets me aside just in time for her to slam into him full force and wrap her slender arms around his neck squealing, "SILAS WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" Her hands immediately yank on the long mane of thick dark chestnut hair that the peace treaties mandates he never cut that flows down his back in a braid.

I've never had an issue with Luna Becky...she always has something kind to say and has been nothing but nice to me since finding her soulmate in my Alpha but right now I could rip her throat out.

Stop touching him.

...
Silas
...

I had expected my baby sister to be excited, but what I didn't expect is for Adrian to snarl at her when she yanks on my hair, his expression seething as he takes in the familiar way she hugs me. His fists ball up in the same anger that's written all over his face and the whole thing is...

Adorable.

Becky jumps off of me, her hands up in mock surrender as a cheesy smile splits her face in half at his possessiveness.

His growls only simmer down when she takes a few steps away from me and I can't help but beam at his reaction to someone else touching me...to see the anger over the playful tug of my hair. So small and yet I have a feeling that he may have a possessive streak almost as big as mine.

Just as soon as Becky is far enough away from me his warning to her stops and he takes the few steps separating us to curl back into his place clinging to my side. My arms wrap around him and I cuddle him close with my smile bigger than Becky's as he presses a series of feather-light kisses to my neck.

He most definitely knows where he belongs...and apparently is ready to fight to stay there.

"Ugh! This is so exciting!"

...
Adrian
...

Becky babbles until Silas waltzes us away from both her and a very distraught looking Grammy with the spray bottle that I had dropped now in her hands, his fingertips digging into my sides until I'm pressed against a spot on the wall near the salad bar, the Pack's kitchen Aunties all curious smiles as they keep an eye on us from the other side of the counter.

I expect it this time when Silas pulls my face up by my chin, but instead of kissing me he just rests his forehead on mine, that same look on his face from earlier...borderline blissful, a smile pulling at his scruffy cheeks, "Twenty minutes is entirely too much time for us to be apart...I missed you." His last words are guttural, more of a growl than anything else as he presses his hips into me, "Did you miss me, Beautiful?"

One hand caresses its way up my side until he can caress my cheek, just as tender as he had been when we were alone.

I can't help but lean into the warmth of his palm and give a small nod...I had missed him. As frantic as he had made me shoving his hand down my pants I had felt abandoned the moment he disappeared from view. I had been frightened...distressed from his dominance stirring my wolf into action and giving him so much of myself at once...and he had just left me all alone to figure it out. I had no focus in trying to shower, only managing to wash my hair and the important bits, and dragging my toothbrush around in my mouth had seemed like it might kill me if I couldn't manage it fast enough to get back to the only place that made me feel at ease at the moment...tucked into his side with my head on his shoulder, the mating spark tingling between us.

He presses his face deeper into my personal space to nuzzle my nose with his own before pressing his lips against mine, this time in a slow-burning wrestling match he seemed intent on winning.

Silas leaves me breathless when he finally pulls away, his mouth fluttering up my cheek diagonally in a trail of kisses until he reaches my ear, "You missed me so much you rushed and came down early...Didn't you?"

The way his lips brush the shell of my ear makes my head turn foggy, and somehow he's managed to steal my breath away again in a completely different way than before. Unable to breathe I give him another nod earning a soft growl before he presses a kiss to my ear and then sucks my sensitive lobe between his teeth and tugs on it.

"Good boy..."

....
Silas
....

As soon as the words leave my lips Adrian melts into my hold, a needy whimper working its way past his lips as his hesitant hands work their way up to fist themselves in my shirt.

My eyebrows hit my hairline at his reaction and it leaves me wanting more, "...Such a good boy..."

He nods again, this time almost frantic as he moves to nuzzle into my shoulder and molding our bodies together.

It makes me hum in amusement as I soak in his reaction to my praise and wonder if its the words or the praise in general that he seems to like so much.

Does it matter?

If he enjoys it...

No.