Seventy Three

Silas is careful to keep his facial expression schooled when I'm brave enough to take a peek. His cheeks are almost as red as mine, his hold on me now loose enough for me to pull myself out of his lap and slink back into the chair that was meant to be my designated seat for dinner. My head is hung in shame, the words still burning the launch point that is the tip of my now heavy tongue as he stares me down.

"I-I dont think I heard you right, Sweet Pea..." His words are slow and careful, and for once when my eyes meet his, he's the one to look away first.

I knew he wouldn't be okay with it. Enjoying being called Daddy doesn't automatically make him into other things. It was stupid of me to ask...

What I read about... All of the scenarios I had poured over, again and again, were just fictional fantasies poured out on paper. It wasn't real life and won't ever be real life. Not for me. Not everything is perfect and just falls into place and just because we're mates doesn't mean that we're both automatically into the same things... It should... But it doesn't...

No matter how much I wanted to read myself right onto the pages of a raunchy romance filled with filthy things and too much happiness to handle and a happily ever after fading into the sunset.

...
Silas
...

"You d-did hear me because I don't think I can say that out loud ever again."

It had taken him a lot to say it the first time... And now it's taking me a lot to process it. I want him to say it again, but if he won't, "You...want to be my Princess?"

The air in the room is so filled with Adrian's apprehension and tension that I'm almost afraid to exhale. The situation is delicate and I am clearly too big of wolf to be in a china shop...

"I-I-I think so...Its... It's kind of like a little but I've only ever read about it so... I...I shouldn't have said anything at all... I actually think I'm just going to go now. And we can just pretend I didn't say it.." There's no hesitation as he twists himself out of the chair he had only just settled himself into and nearly breaks another rule by almost running. He pauses only for a moment and then settles on a fast walk right out of the kitchen and away from me before I can even function enough to understand that he's just excused himself from the conversation after dropping a bomb.

I don't fucking think so.

...
Adrian
...

I can't make it into the spare bedroom holding all of my boxes, the master bedroom now feeling foreign and off-limits while feeling judged for something I just kind of stumbled in to.

Locking doors isn't against the rules and I dont hesitate to turn the dial in the knob, scooting a short stack of boxes in front of the door for extra measure.

Wedging my way between some of the boxes before sinking down and curling my knees into my chest I breathe hard and deep through my nose and try and inhale as much of the heavy scent of my childhood home still clinging to the cardboard as I can to try and calm down.

I hear the doorknob turn and get no traction, a low growl leaking its way to my ears. An almost patient knock sounds before he tries the knob again, "Adrian? Baby, you need to open the door."

I don't really think I do.

"That's not true. Open the door, Sweetheart."

Actually, I really really really dont want to. I've found my hole and now I'll hide until I'm a withered husk that Silas will just be able to sweep up into a dustpan and throw away.

...
Silas
...

"No! If we talk about it you'll just think I'm weird..."

Of all the- "I don't think its weird, Hun." Not any stranger than my Daddy thing... Honestly maybe a little hotter than the Daddy thing.

"Yes, you do! Because it is weird! Let's just pretend it didn't happen!"

"It did happen, Princess. Now open the fucking door!"

My palm itches to land heavily on the door but I don't want to scare my angel... I just want him to open up. Both the door and himself. There was no hesitation on my part to label myself as his Daddy and I don't see the problem with letting him be my princess...

"Don't say that if you don't mean it!" He sounds closer to the door now, but still every bit as hesitant and if possible even more frightened than he was when the words finally spilled from his sweet lips.

"Princess! Princess! Princess! I mean it, now open the damn door!" The word tingles as it leaves my lips and I find myself more and more open to the idea, "We can get you sexy little outfits to prance around in... Get you a little tiara... We could dip your wolf's tail in pink hair dye... Unless your coat is as dark as your hair then it might not be as easy- but we could do that sparkly spray color that just tints-"

...
Adrian
...

I can't get the boxes moved and the door open fast enough even if it's only to slam my palms as softly as I can over his lips before he can say anything else.

My face is so nuclear in my flush I feel as though it might melt right off, "How the fuck can you say that stuff out loud?? Shut up before the whole town hears you!"

I'm met with nothing but chuckles and a very familiar warm wet tongue breaking past parted lips to slop itself all over the creases between my fingers making me snatch my hands back, a calm smile gracing his face as he steps towards me and wraps me up in my safe place, "Of course you can be my Princess, Baby. Of course you can."