Ninety Two

"What was the point of talking in code if you were going to slip up anyway?" My Grandmother doesn't pick up on the underlying meaning of the affectionate nickname that Silas loves so much... But in the process of misunderstanding, she alerts my mate to the very thing I've been so careful to keep from him.

I take the chance of looking the beautiful man that loves me so much in the face as he processes what just came out of Grammy's mouth, only looking away when his eyes snap up to meet mine, a question springing from his lips to my ears as a slow smile works its way onto his face, "Am... Am I going to be a Daddy? Was book club code for baby? Are we having a baby?"

If my face flushes any brighter it might melt off from the heat caused by my capillaries all exploding at once as I lock eyes with Grammy, a horrified expression on my face as she brings her hand up to her mouth, Silas rushing me and pulling me into his arms so tightly I don't ever think I'll get enough oxygen to squeak, "I don't know yet! I haven't taken the test!"

I have to put in real effort to flutter my hands against my sweet Silas's chest but eventually, he gets the message and eases up his beautifully protective bear hug only to caress my face with the lightest of touches.

"Do you have one to take now? Do you want me to go get one? What are we waiting for, Beautiful?"  It's so easy to forget that we aren't alone in the room with how intensely my Daddy focuses on me... How gentle he becomes as he strokes my cheek waiting for an answer.

...
Silas
...

"I... Quinn is bringing an at-home test when he comes over later... It... It was supposed to be a secret, D-Silas..." My angel's chin is tucked so far into his shoulder... His eyes so extremely averted as he blushes over his news that I can barely tell if his eyes are open or not as the fond chuckle of Agatha sounding behind us.

I never would have imagined sharing such a special moment with the old broad but now that it's happening I wouldn't have it any other way... If she wasn't here I wouldn't have found out until after the text was taken instead of being able to hold my Honey's hand while he takes it... While we wait in the precious moments it'll take to process he'll be in my arms exactly where he should be and we'll wait together... We'll find out together...

"Silas. You have to breathe!" I didn't even realize I was holding my breath... My beautiful Princess might have a little life growing inside of him... One that we created together and the thought consumes me so thoroughly that I find myself blinking tears away as I gather my mate to my chest to hold him again as Agatha finishes getting the spilled tea completely mopped up by pushing the dishtowels around with her feet, trying to let us have this tender moment without having to worry about the mess.

I love the way my sweet Adrian kisses and nuzzles my collarbone while his hand rubs itself back and forth across my chest over my shirt, though the words that flow from his lips give me pause, "D-Don't get your hopes up too high, okay? I'm not near my heat or anything... It's just a feeling, o-okay? Wait until we see the test results to celebrate."

A faint trace of fear swirls its way into the scent that has become so synonymous with a home for me and it makes me hold my sweetheart just a little bit tighter while we both process the news... If he's been sitting on this for days I can only imagine he's been anxious... And yet the only thing running through his mind is not wanting to let me down if the pregnancy test that has yet to arrive comes back negative.

...
Adrian
...

I don't want to feel scared, but I do. My man has such a sweet reaction to just the possibility of a child and the realness of the situation finally settles on my shoulders.

Silas is so tender as he strokes and kisses my hair... He's so genuinely happy and excited at the news of a maybe that I feel like my heart is going to shatter watching him react if the test ends up negative...

Its why I wanted to wait to tell him...

"Baby, I am so excited... But you need to know that I won't be disappointed in you if you aren't pregnant... It just means maybe we start really trying? For a baby... We don't have to wait for your heat to try... We can get you on vitamins and make some Doctor's appointments?" I never knew the thought of a baby would excite my mate so much... But he's exposing a new side to himself... Showing me just how much he wants to be a parent... To start a family with me.

One that Grammy wants to be a part of... One that would have so many Uncles and an Aunt that swears too much...

...
Silas
...

"I hope it's positive..." My sweet boy balls his fists in my shirt and pulls me as close as he can, molding his beautiful body against mine as hot tears start to sprinkle my chest. My poor bean had been trying so hard not to let himself get his own hopes up... Not letting himself admit that he does want a baby... To be the mother to my children and have filled this home with the sound of little footsteps, "I hope its positive, Silas but if it's not please don't be disappointed in me..."

I let my hand drop from his hair down to his back and start to rub it while subtle barely-there growls seep from my chest to help soothe my anxious Mama, an assurance that I never thought I'd have to make tumbling from my lips into his hair, "I will never be upset with you over something like that, Baby. Never. If it's not positive we'll just send everyone home and spend the next few days just cuddling and eating ice cream... The rule about having a healthy snack can be suspended until we feel a bit better and it'll be alright. Okay?" I can't seem to press enough kisses into the hair of the keeper of my heart, but finally, when it seems like it might be enough I press a few more before saying, "We will be okay."

For a moment our silence is sweet as Adrian nods into my chest, his hands clutching my shirt tighter as he curls into me from his place on the counter while we listen to the scrape of the broom Agatha had found without guidance for a few blessed seconds before the maybe-Great-Grandmother finally speaks up and brings herself back to the focus of our attention, "So does this mean I get to stick around and find out in person? Because I really would like to."