Eighty Nine

Two weeks.

Apparently, two weeks is the amount of time it takes for me to forget I ever had any other kind of life than that of being my strong Daddy's sweet princess...

I don't think I've ever felt so spoiled and special in my whole life... Silas has filled every single moment we've spent together so far with picnics, finding homes within our home for my things as we've unpacked them, making lots of unprotected love, Silas spending more money on me than I think he should and drawing up plans together for my promised library and every other modification Silas thinks needs to be done in order to make the house safer for me.

I've also never felt so clingy. My sweet mate has had to console me every single time he's had to leave the room I'm in even if he's not going too far. I almost don't have a choice in the matter with the way my body absolutely needs him in order to function properly... He's the air in my lungs and the ever calming presence in the back of my mind.  Even when he has to relegate himself to his study in order to get his paperwork and alpha duties done I can't pull myself away from him while he grumbles away, only pausing long enough to kiss me into a wonderful breathless state every time I slide into his lap and pull out my phone to read... One he had let me fill with so many virtual books that I no longer have any storage. They were all cheap penny novels, but novels none the less.

I don't think I've ever been so happy... So fulfilled by what real unconditional love is that I hardly noticed that time had been passing at all with how comfortable our routine had become. Laughing and loving each other through each new situation we've stumbled upon, most of which were caused by the love of my life having to shoo away curious pack members and well-wishers from the witch Coven that apparently are Casper's descendants.

Two weeks is also the amount of time it took for Grammy to get tired of me ignoring her calls after she made it more than clear that she had no intention of apologizing to my amazing mate and show up on our doorstep looking as proper and well put together as she always has been.

I hadn't been the one to answer the door as per the rules and had been called away from my favorite comfy spot to read, laying on the soft thick area rug in front of the fireplace in our bedroom with the windows cracked open and a small fire going to make everything feel cozy. The moment Silas had opened the door and discovered the Grandmother who had asked too much of me he had wrapped his mind around mine and tried as gently as possible to tell me that he needs me to come to the door and that I needed to get dressed before coming out.

...
Silas
...

The moment my sweetheart sees that Agatha really is at the door he hesitates, reluctant to approach the woman who had been calling him twice a day every day since he's been refusing to talk to her.

It's hard to remember how disrespectful she's been towards me and to me when I spot the tears the spring to life in her eyes... The way her hand snaps up to stifle the sob that leaves her mouth at the sight of my lovely boy standing there staring her down.

"C-Chipmunk! I'm so happy that you're okay... I-"

"I was never not okay, Grammy. Why are you here?" It's hard to watch him fight the swell of emotions confronting the woman who raised him after not seeing her for the longest time they've ever been apart... To feel his struggle against the emotions that make him want to hug her... But also the emotions that make him want to slam the door in her face, still so upset over how she treated me what feels like forever ago.

I hold my hand out to my lingering Angel and he wastes no time scampering over and tucking himself against me right where he belongs, his adorable sweater so soft under the palm of my hand as it finds it way to the small of his back, an action not missed by the misty-eyed elder.

"I... Why am I here? You stopped answering all of my calls and stopped texting back." To the point where we had considered just changing Adrian's phone number so he wouldn't have to see her name pop up anymore and had been debating it for days. If she hadn't shown up today we probably would have gone ahead and done it, only giving out his new number to Liam and Casper along with Collin, Becky, and Quinn... The people who have been nothing but living towards my sweet bean.

"You refused to apologize. I won't tolerate disrespect towards my mate Grammy, especially when Silas didn't do anything to deserve it from you. So unless you're here to apologize I want you to leave."

...
Adrian
...

"Adrian! I didn't raise you to speak to me that way!" Grammy is no less shocked at my boldness than she had been when the tendrils of it had first sprouted in North Pine Pack's driveway, but instead of chafing me as it bad did then, it softens my countenance towards her just a tiny bit after I'm able to muzzle into Silas's shoulder and take a deep draw of his scent to calm my inner anger over what she had done.

"The woman who raised me never would have disrespected an Alpha. So we've both changed. Are you going to apologize or can I go finish reading my chapter before lunch?" Because there is no way Grammy and her attitude would ruin my day today. Casper and Quinn would be stopping by this afternoon to start a new routine with me in an effort to help abate some of my extreme clinginess. The two of them were going to help me stay in the living room while Silas gets some of his work done in the study and we'd repeat the process twice a week until I can sit a room away from my mate without panicking, if only so Silas doesn't have to nearly break the windows every time he has to leave the room in order to put me so high up on my shelf I can't help but stay placid and calm.

That... And Quinn may have picked something up for me that I hadn't ever imagined we would need yet.

"Chipmunk I wanted to see you.."

"And in order to do that, you need to apologize to Silas and mean it. So do it or go home."