Twelve

Walking with Silas proves to be a challenge. For every flight of stairs we climb, every corner we turn... He pulls us to a stop by pushing me against the nearest flat surface and kissing the daylights out of me before delving his torturous lips into the crook of my neck and mouthing the temporary mark he had taken such care in placing earlier while his hands work themselves up and down my sides before settling on my hips and gripping me almost painfully tight. Content sighs breeze against my skin as his nose takes long draws of my scent before pressing gentle kisses to my heavily bruised soft spot, just light enough to make me shiver and the attention has my knees weak.

After the third assault with his smile still pressing into my skin, I relent and melt into him, and this time his arm stays around my waist when he finally pulls away. He finally seemed to notice how hard I'm shaking and offers comfort via more physical affection as he cups my cheek with a tender smile playing on his lips. Leaning on him is the only way I'm able to manage the stairs and he handles my weight like it's nothing. His ease with care and constant attention has my wolf swooning and trying to push my head to the side again. His ability to basically carry me as I stumble alongside him with the strength of one arm alone has my inner beast panting and pawing at the surface to get to him...to give in to him and it doesn't help with the walking situation whatsoever. With every stumble, his arm flexes protectively around me to hold me upright and I find myself wanting only to stop and stare at the sharpness of his jawline and the broadness of his shoulders.

It takes us entirely too long to actually get back to my room with all of his strategically timed kiss breaks and my legs are complete jello, my brain reduced to pudding. None of this stops him as he pushes me carefully against the door after he shuts it, his hands settling on my hips as he leans into me to capture my lips. My head tilts back of its own accord, but instead of kissing up my neck this time gentle hand tugs at the collar of my sweater and he nibbles his way across my collar bone. The feel of it makes me gasp and I have to force myself to wiggle away from him to stop the altogether too exciting sensation pooling in the bottom of my stomach.

Silas chuckles when I let myself collapse on my bed, to finally breathe while he lingers by the door, his deep brown eyes drinking me in with a smirk before scanning the room for the first time. I flinch when his eyes go wide at the state of my room.

....
Silas
....

"You do like to read, Baby Doll." His walls are filled with shelves, a small desk wedged between them on the far wall. Books everywhere.... books spilling out of each one....more than one stack of books piled up on the floor next to his bed...a stack peeking out from under his desk. I carefully sit next to my love where he had flopped onto his bed so gracefully and tug the comforter up where it rests on the corner, chuckling when I see the spines monstrously thick hard-backed books stacked 4 deep peeks back at me.

"Don't laugh!" Adrian whimpers curling onto his side to peek at me from under those beautiful fluttering lashes as his face heats up once again. He has no idea how close to the surface my wolf is simmering, if he did he wouldn't be teasing me by sucking that gorgeous bottom lip in between his teeth to nibble on it, his eyes not quite meeting mine.

"I promise I'm not a hoarder...I just really like to read..." His plump bottom lip quivers upon its release still glistening from the moisture of his mouth.

...
Adrian
....

Silas pulls me up from where I lay all rumpled in my comfy spot and into his lap, his mouth kissing it's way up my neck from my collar bone before stopping just under my ear, "I know you aren't, Beautiful. But even if you were, it'd be fine." He whispers softly as his hands work me over with endearingly light touches. His hands eventually settle, both of them shoved up my shirt splayed against my bare skin. My belly seems to be his default happy place, but only if he can be skin to skin it seems... And I don't necessarily mind it. It feels nice with how warm his palms are, and the way he rubs his thumbs gently over my skin makes me sigh and melt into the light pressure of his hands.

He sucks the lobe of my ear between his teeth and nibbles on it until I squirm and start to push him away. He pops off of the appendage with a chuckle before pressing a searing kiss to my cheek and settling down in the crook of my neck for a moment before he starts to speak again.

"Do you have a backpack, Sweetheart?" He breathes onto my skin.

....
Silas
....

My sweet boy nods and I finally let him wiggle his way out of my hold, shakey legs leading him to his closet. He eases the door open revealing more stacks of books piled up on the floor and bends at the waist to rifle through his belongings in the bottom corner before my growl has him dropping into a squat to correct the unintentionally seductive pose. He should know better than to tease me with his ass served up on a platter in those jeans. I swallow a few times to wet my now painfully dry mouth and watch him as he pulls a full looking backpack from the depths of his shallow closet, a look of triumph on his face. One that quickly fades when he pulls the zipper open and his eyes dart up to my face with a guilty smile.

He refocuses on his bag and turns it upside down, a stash of paperback books spill onto the carpet.