Twenty Eight

"Are you warm enough, Beautiful?"  Silas husks as he trails his fingers along my spine... My sweater folded neatly on the end of the bed while he makes all of what little body hair I do have a stand on the end...his hands nothing more than heavy whispers as they explore every inch of my now exposed upper half.

I nod my head, only capable of a single grunt to verbally answer his question at the moment trapped in strange mix of excited, self-conscious, nervous and needy that I'm currently spiraling in and sink deeper into his embrace, the blanket we share pooling on the floor in front of us as I melt under his touch.

Silas had been thoughtful enough to move us to his armchair in front of the now crackling fireplace to put me more at ease... He had read me like a book, sensing my caution towards climbing back into bed with him half-naked and he had come up with a very very comfortable solution. Laying down on the bed was nice, but this way I'm being touched only by him... Not the bed...not the floor... In Silas's lap, I'm cradled by him and nothing else and it makes it so easy to get lost in him...everything from his scent to the way his entire body flexes around me every time I shift my weight... If I hadn't felt the unwavering aura and dominance of his wolf this morning I would have sworn up and down that my mate is a witch or warlock of some kind using the unfair advantage of a love charm to make me feel so weak in the knees. Why else would shivers be wracking my body uncontrollably just from his light touches and why do I want said light touches to never stop?

The leaping flames had held my attention as I let my mate tug my sweater up and over my head until he is able to pull it completely off for me, distracting me with a kiss so tender it had brought tears to my eyes to keep me from curling up into a ball and hiding from him.  His lips were so gentle and he gave just as much as he dared to take with me being so spooked at the moment before pulling the blanket off the bed and leading me over to the armchair and I can't believe I almost turned around and got redressed. I had been a hair's breadth away from delaying a blissful reaction so intense it has me seeing stars and leaning into Silas further to try and pull as much of his scent into my nose as I can manage, not caring if it makes me lightheaded and dizzy. I needed this. I needed Him.

....
Silas
....

My beautiful boy is just that... Absolutely beautiful... Breathtaking as he clings to me, making a clear effort to press as much of our naked skin together as possible, adorable happy puppy noises leaking into the air with every wiggle and adjustment.

All the right words for stunning can't even begin to describe the way his skin catches the fastly fading afternoon sunlight... How luminescent he becomes when the fire casts its light against his pearly skin making him glow.

Everything about Adrian is so... So good...

Slipping him out of that sweater will be burned into my mind for the rest of my days... How his hands fluttered up to protect the creamy expanse of his skin only interrupted by two perfect pale pink nipples from my gaze, a flush starting in his chest and bleeding upwards...I've never found anyone quite so enticing as I find my nervous mate...

The whine that just barely cleared the back of his delicate throat that sounded when I ran my palms down his bare sides still echoes in my head...Every inch of his creamy chest is on display for me to feast on with my eyes... Every single millimeter of exposed flesh enrapturing and intoxicating me...

I can't pull my hands away from exploring every place in bounds for me to wander, staying far away from the lip of his soft grey pajama pants, unable to trust myself with my wolf simmering just under the surface in an effort to see for himself our gorgeous mate curled up in our lap and clearly enjoying our attentions.

His breathing sputters every time my fingers find somewhere new to touch... Small gasps filling the air every now and again when I get too ahead of myself... And yet...There is no hesitation in the way he clings to me. He wants to be here in my lap just as much as I want him here... Granted the version I had imagined in my head involved a lot fewer pairs of pants, not that this version isn't more than satisfying.

It's hard keeping my head clear enough to remember the rules of engagement for this decadent feeling cuddle session and have to grit my teeth every time one of my hands gets close to the lip of his pajama pants and my sweet boy's delicious grunts and mewls don't make it any easier to behave.

The moment he had been in my arms with one less barrier between us he had melted and molded himself against me in such a sinful way... There was no reason for him to be hesitant... No need to be afraid... Right now is my chance to prove myself trustworthy and willing to listen to what he needs... And now he knows.  He knows it feels good... Or at least he must be feeling some small modicum of what I feel, tender kisses being gifted to my chest from his soft lips... I'd have to guess that he's damn near addicted to the feel of being chest to chest with the way he's pressing into me, scenting me nonstop while his hands rub themselves up and down my chest in slow cautious strokes.

...
Adrian
...

How could I not have realized I needed this? Even without the fire, I would be comfortable... More than comfortable... Each of his caresses dripping molten lava into my core via skin to skin contact as he languidly lets his hands wander up and down my body when it occurs to me.

"You skipped my turn."

Silas snorts and presses a heavy kiss to the top of my head, "What do you mean?"

"My turn. In 20 questions you're supposed to take turns and you asked me another question... That means I can ask you two."

My response causes a chuckle to rumble underneath me as his mouth finds my temple, "Fire away, Sweetheart. Fire away."