chapter : 43

Cina's point of view

Seonghwa continues to nag and complain while he applies cream to by bruises and burns. He narrows his eyes at me before spanking my thigh twice.

Me: Hey! What was that for?
Seonghwa: You are a sub, not a damn masochist.
Me: I wanted to experiment.

I snap my mouth shut as he glares at me.

Seonghwa: What did he burn you with?
Me: A candle lighter.

"KANG YEOSANG!"

__

San's point of view

In any other scenario I'd love waking up to a face like Santana's but in this setting I feel sad for the girl. I came to her dorm so we can work on the project and she fell asleep while writing. Not wanting her to get a crook in her neck I placed her head on my shoulder. She must be exhausted, poor thing.

The door opens and Char walks in looking absolutely defeated. Her eyes are puffy and red, she has a small cut on her knee, her skirt is twisted and tears stain her face. She plops down on her bed not saying a word.

I move Santana to where she's sleeping more comfortably before sitting next to Char.

Me: You okay?

She shakes her head slowly, lifeless eyes staring at the ground.

Me: What's wrong?
Char: My daddy doesn't want me anymore.

I raise an eyebrow, her dad?

Me: Like parent?
Char: Hongjoong.

Oh, her caregiver.

Me: I'm sure he wants you and cares about you a lot.

Why the hell am I defending a man who slashed my tires with his two crazy ass friends?

Char: He was kissing Sue in the middle of campus.

My eyes widen and she begins to cry again.

Char: I-i made him some muffins that I thought he'd like and then I seen them. I tried to be a good girl for him. There was times where I wanted to be a little but I didn't because I didn't want to burden him. Maybe he got sick of me.

Her bottom lip tremble making my heart wrench. I don't know much about Char but she seems genuinely sweet, there isn't an evil or mean bone in her. She doesn't deserve to feel like this.

And then I get an idea.

__

Ten sits there studying while YangYang and Sicheng argue over a game.

Me: Ten, can you come here a sec?

He nods before following me upstairs to my room. I open the door and Char sits on my bed like a lost little puppy.

Ten: What the hell did you do this time?
Me: Nothing fool, apparently she seen Hongjoong kissing his ex. She's in her headspace but I don't know how to deal with littles.
Ten: Poor baby, look at her. Go get me the first aid kit.

Ten's point of view

I squat down in front of her and she doesn't move. She sits there staring at the ground as if her life is over. I inspect the little gash on her knee before sighing.

Me: How'd you get this?
Char: I fell while running away.
Me: Your pretty skirt got ripped.

She nods sadly.

Me: I can clean this cut all up so it feels better.

Silence.

Me: And then I can make you some soup. Alphabet soup hm?

Silence.

Ah sheesh, Hongjoong what did you do man?

Me: How old are you princess?

She holds up five fingers, I thought so. San hands me the kit and I thank him. Once the alcohol touches the cut she hisses. I give her my hand to squeeze and she lowly thanks me.

I kiss her knee before placing a bandage on it.

Me: All done.
Char: Thank you.
Me: Food now?

She nods.

I kick all the boys out the kitchen so she can sit at the table comfortably as I make her soup. I place a box of crayons and coloring book in front of her.

"ITS MY TURN."

"ITS NOT YOUR TURN!"

"IM TELLING TEN."

I sigh, they're both in a headspace.

I blink unamused as Lucas and Jungwoo run into the kitchen.

Me: What?
Lucas: Jungwoo won't give me the controller.
Jungwoo: It's not his turn!
Lucas: Is too!
Jungwoo: Is not!
Me: Isn't there two controllers.
Lucas: He spilled apple juice on the other one!

Char giggles gaining the attention of the other two boys.

Lucas: Hyung, who's that?
Me: Char, she's a friend. She's a little like you guys as well.
Jungwoo: Can she play with us?
Me: Only if you two stop arguing. I don't want any fighting around her.
Lucas: We promise. Hey Char! Do you like video games?

Not giving the girl much of an option he goes to the table and grabs her hand. She smiles slightly and all three of them go into the living room.

__

i want a carmel frappe