chapter : 8

Char's point of view

A date? He asked me on a date? Him?

Why in the world would he want to go on a date with me?

You're self deprecating again.

I sigh leaves my lips as I shake my head, we're suppose to go to dinner Friday night. Let's all hope I don't chicken out and make up some lame excuse on why I can't make it.

It has happened before folks.

Me being the clutz that I am run into someone while having an internal battle with myself. I immediately start to apologize but stop once I hear the familiar chuckle.

Me: Mingi!

The blue haired boy smiles before waving cutely.

Me: I haven't see you in a while, how are you?
Mingi: I'm good I've just been busy. How are you?
Me: Good.

He begins to walk with me catching me up on all of his nutty and boarderline illegal adventures. His eyes sparkle once he begins to talk about his boyfriend Yunho.

Ah, to be in love. To have your eyes shine as you talk about your significant other with such passion, to have your heart flutter when their name pops across your phone screen, to know if the whole world is against you they'll always be in your corner.

I sigh; must be nice.

Mingi: I'm glad I ran into you, I have a surprise for you.
Me: What is it?
Mingi: You remember how I was failing that one class but you and your big brain tutored me through it?

I giggle before nodding. He digs inside his book bag before pulling out an album. He hands it to me and I scream, loudly.

Mingi: I figured you'd like it.
Me: I love it! I love it! I love it!

__

Santana face goes blank as I continue to bust a lung over my new Monsta-x album. They're my favorite k-pop group, I've been around since pre-debut days.

Me: Look! I got a Jooheon photocard!

She gives me a small smile before nodding.

Santana: That's great Char.

I frown at her tone and she goes back to doing her homework.

Me: Are you okay?

She nods.

Me: Still arguing with your boyfriend, well, boyfriends?

She forces a smile on her face before shaking her head.

Santana: They're not my boyfriends right now.
Me: I'm sorry San.
Santana: Don't worry about it.

She glances at my photocard before sighing. A knock at the door makes me furrow my eyebrows. I open the door and am met with a face full of roses. The delivery guy sits them down with an annoyed huff. I look at his nametag, Taemin.

Taemin: That freaking pot is heavy, now, is Kang Santana here?
Me: Ye..-

"No."

Santana appears behind me with an irritated expression.

Santana: Return to sender please.

Taemin raises an eyebrow.

Taemin: Uh, do you know how hard it was to carry this gigantic thing across your campus? You're going to accept these roses.

Well he's a feisty thing.

Santana: Fine, you take them.
Taemin: What?
Santana: I don't want them so take them as a tip.
Taemin: I don't like roses!
Santana: Then throw them away!

They begin to bicker back and forth, I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Me: I'll take them!

Taemin shoves the giant pot in my hands making me stumble backwards. He scurries off down the hallway and Santana frowns.

I look at the tag on the flowers.

"I'm so sorry Santana.

- H.one"

Me: H.one? That's funny, that's what they call Hyungwon from Monsta-x.

She lets out a cough.

Santana: Yep.
Me: From one of your boyfriends?
Santana: Mhm.

She places her pen down.

Santana: I'm going out drinking tonight, wanna' come?

I shrug.

Me: I'll eat while you drink.

She smiles.

___

i woke up with my mental health on zero, but im going to push through!