chapter : 35

Char's point of view

How did he find me?

He sends me a mocking smirk like he use to do when we were kids. Panic, fear and anger shifts through me like a tsunami. Seeing his face made my headspace crawl out the window, all in all he has a lot of nerve.

Me: Why are you here?
Xiaojun: That's no way to welcome your big brother. It's been what? Six years since we've been face to face.
Me: You were in jail.

He shrugs nonchalantly, a drunk Santana hiccups before pointing.

Santana: You're that guy that came to our dorm.
Xiaojun: Mhm, I see you're wearing pants this time. How disappointing.

Seonghwa narrows his eyes at his obnoxious remark.

Seonghwa: Look, we're in the middle of something. Come back another day with all your thanos villain drama alright?

Xiaojun shrugs.

Xiaojun: I just came to speak to my sister.
Hongjoong: I don't think she wants to talk.
Xiaojun: Does it look like I care what she wants?

Knowing how my brother can be I move Joong aside and practically drag Xiaojun away from the house. I fold my arms and glare at him.

Xiaojun: Don't look at me like that.
Me: Again, why are you here?
Xiaojun: Is it a crime to want to see my only sibling?
Me: No but everything else you do is.

He rolls his eyes.

Me: Is Nate in that black truck over there?

He chuckles out of embarrassment. Nate is sort of like Xiaojun's bodyguard. Why does he need a bodyguard you ask? Because when he was younger, like fourteen he got involved with some really bad people. Long story short he joined their gang and eventually moved up the ladder to where he became boss.

Because of him my mother kept a close eye on me, she didn't let me do a single thing, too afraid I'd turn up like him or worse. Growing up Xiaojun and I were extremely close but as we got older our interests became different. Be that as it may he always had my back until he went to jail.

Once he moved out our house to his fancy one with all his gang mates, my mom started to warn me to stay away from him. She said he was too dangerous to be affiliated with, I didn't believe her until one night our house got shot up.

They thought Xiaojun was there and that was the accident that made me realize, my brother and his life is in fact dangerous.

Xiaojun: Do you know how much work it took to find what college you went to? Mother wouldn't tell me a thing.

I blink unamused.

Me: I know Mark told you, so it didn't take much work.
Xiaojun: True, after I found out that wasn't him on the phone a few weeks ago I went to find him and ask. What happened with you two anyways?

If I tell him the truth he'll one hundred percent murder Mark and I can't have that on my conscious.

Me: We just grew apart is all.
Xiaojun: Uh huh, you sure that's all?
Me: Positive.

He hums not really believing me.

Xiaojun: You're growing up well. The Char I once knew didn't have any friends, and didn't want any either. Now you have friends with bigass houses and fancy dinner parties.

I chuckle.

I miss my brother but I'm also afraid of him and everything he does. A tattoo sleeve covers his right arm, I wince at the amount of pain that must've been. He notices my stare and grins. He points to a tattoo that's surrounded by a heart.

Xiaojun: Look.

小妹妹

Little sister.

I smile softly.

Xiaojun: I'm not dumb, the life I chose to live is just that; my choice. I'd never want you or mom tied up in my business, I'd rather die than see you two get hurt. You may not want to be around me but that doesn't make me love you any less, okay?

My eyes begin to water and he scoffs.

Xiaojun: Crybaby.
Me: Am not!
Xiaojun: Are too!
Me: Am not!
Xiaojun: Are too!

I shove him and he puts me in a headlock.

__

"A MOB?"

"GANG LEADER?"

"Can he take out San if I paid him?"

Cina slaps Seonghwa's arm.

Me: It's not something I like to talk about.
Seonghwa: No judgement here. Some of us have seven boyfriends, some of us have two and some of us have mob leaders as siblings. No biggie.

Hongjoong doesn't say much, he just taps his finger against the table. We make eye contact, he smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

__

he so damn fineeee