chapter : 31

Char's point of view

Hongjoong decided to have a small get together with all of our friends at his house. I giggle as Yeosang's sister teases him about stories when they were young. The front door swings open and Cina storms in.

"YOU BITCH!"

Before she can lunge at Saelee, Seonghwa grabs her lifting her from off the ground and away from the girl. Yeosang steps in between the two girls as Saelee cowers in fear.

Yeosang: What the hell is your problem?
Cina: Your sister is my problem!

She glares over his shoulder at the girl.

Cina: You love San? You still want to be with him after everything? Stay the hell away from my brother!
Seonghwa: Cina..-
Cina: No!

She snatches away from him and he sighs.

Cina: She doesn't get to just lead him on and break his heart! He went through so much fixing her only for her to break him. And while he's at home wondering what he could've did differently what the hell is she doing? Sitting here like everything's all good? It's not all good, it's not okay!

Seonghwa tries to console her but she pushes away.

Saelee: Hurting Jongho is the last thing I ever want to do! I love him, he's perfect for me. I don't know why I can't get San out of my head, I thought after getting closure I'd be okay but I'm not. I'm still in love with him.

Cina scoffs.

Cina: You have a week to tell him what's happening or I will.
Yeosang: You can't threaten my sister in front of me.
Cina: Whats going to happen?
Seonghwa: Nothing, Cina please go home and cool down.

She doesn't say anything else before leaving out the door. The complete silence is killer, Hongjoong and I exchange glances before looking at the other two.

Seonghwa: She's angry so she's irrational, trying to attack you was wrong and I'll apologize on her behalf.
Saelee: Thank you.

She smiles but he doesn't return it.

Seonghwa: I agree with every last word she said.
Yeosang: Seonghwa.

He shakes his head.

Seonghwa: It was the truth, none of this is fair to Jongho. I understand being stuck on stupid, still in love with someone you shouldn't be. It's life, these things happen. But you should never drag someone else into your toxic decisions. You should've left Jongho alone if you knew you couldn't get over San. He's been more than patient and understanding. You don't deserve him.

Yeosang eyes narrow.

Seonghwa: Sang, you're blunt with everyone in the world. Please be blunt with your sister.

__

Hongjoong and I clean up the uneaten appetizers.

Me: Well that was, something.
Hongjoong: Ah yes, romance in its ugly form.
Me: Do you think their polygamy relationship will suffer because of it?

He shakes his head, a gentle smile plays on his precious face.

Hongjoong: The delivery was a bit much but it was true. Yeosang is no fool, he knows his sister is doing wrong and he'll talk to her when the fire calms down. It's just a defense mode you get when it comes to your siblings he and Cina has their's all the way up.

I nod.

Hongjoong: Speaking is siblings, Xiaojun?

I drop the spoon that's in my hand as a chill runs up my spine.

Me: W-what?
Hongjoong: You never told me you had a brother. He called you last night while you were sleeping.
Me: What d-did he say?
Hongjoong: Nothing really, he thought I was someone named Mark.

Oh God.

My palms start to sweat and I wipe them on my leggings. Hongjoong notices and rushes over to my side.

Hongjoong: You look like you're going to faint, baby what's the matter?
Me: Nothing I'm just tired.
Hongjoong: This look isn't just tiredness, what's going on?
Me: Nothing I just need to rest, that's all.

He stares at me before nodding, not asking anymore questions thank God.

__

Yeosang's point of view

San and I have a two minute stare down, neither of us willing to say a word. He sips here beer before sighing. Usually he'd have a cocky dimple filled smile on his face but now he looks tired and conflicted.

San: You called me over here to talk and now you're silent, how rude.
Me: Saelee.

He nods.

San: I apologized a thousand times for that.
Me: I know, but if she does to Jongho what you did to her Cina would never forgive her or me.
San: Situations a bit different though. They're actually boyfriend and girlfriend, her and I was not.
Me: Love still played a factor in both, did it not?

He goes silent.

Me: You loved her, you just didn't know how to. Truth be told she doesn't know how to love either, she's an idiot.

I sigh to myself, what a mess. This is why feelings are such a waste of time, conceal don't feel people. When you let your feelings run wild you end up in situations like the kink series.

San: I want her to forget me and be happy. We both need to move on with our lives.
Me: I agree.
San: I just don't want to push her over the edge again, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
Me: I don't like you or your face.

He chuckles.

Me: But I will not have you thinking you caused her to almost take her life, don't put that on yourself.
San: So, what do I do?

I hum.

__

CONSPIRACY TIME..

why y'all think char started panicking at the mention of her brother?