chapter : 5

Char's point of view

This house is amazing, it's like something you would seen on a movie. I follow Santana into the kitchen and sit the tray of cupcakes down. Yeosang and Seonghwa gasps as they see the treats and try to reach for one but San smacks their hands.

Santana: No eating until the birthday boy eats first!
Me: This house is beautiful.
Santana: Yeah, Joong has nice taste.

My eyes widen.

Me: This is his house? How do you guys get inside?
Santana: They have a key.

Cina walks into the kitchen with a small grin on her face Seonghwa frowns once he sees her dress. He begins to tug it down and she scolds him.

Seonghwa: Didn't you have a longer dress?
Cina: There's nothing wrong with this one!
Seonghwa: If you bend over I can see your ass.

They begin to bicker back and forth.

Cina: Yeosang tell yourself friend to leave me alone.
Yeosang: Hwa.
Seonghwa: You better not take her side.
Yeosang: The dress isn't that short.
Seonghwa: You always take her side!
Yeosang: Do not!
Seonghwa: Do too!

The doorbell rings indicating that now guests have arrived. Apparently Hongjoong is out having dinner with his family so it was the perfect opportunity to set up for his party.

The house fills up with people rather quickly making my nerves jittery. I rub my arms trying to calm down, I don't like being crowded. No one is paying attention to me and yet my brain tells me they are.

I make my way through the crowd and out the backdoor to the backyard. There's a few people out there having a smoke or drink but it's way better than inside.

I notice there's a cushioned swing so I take a seat there. I've always been the type to get stressed out or anxious easily and once I am it takes a lot of effort for me to go back to 'normal', a sigh leaves my lips.

I close my eyes and lean my head back.

__

Hongjoong's point of view

I wave goodbye as my parents drive away, another successful birthday dinner. Now I'm ready to take a shower and.. what the hell?

I notice the street filled up with cars, my suspicions heighten as I see every light on in my house. I open the front door and music blasts while everyone dances around. Cina spots me and frowns.

Cina: What're you doing here?
Me: I live here.
Cina: Seonghwa said you wouldn't be home til at least ten!
Me: I decided to end dinner early so I could rest.

Yeosang goes to walk by but pauses once he sees me.

Yeosang: What're you doing here?
Me: I like to sleep, eat and shower here.

He chuckles before shaking his head.

Yeosang: Happy birthday dude. This was suppose to be a surprise party but, we suck at paying attention.
Cina: Who was the lookout?
Yeosang: Soobin.
Me: Well that explains it.

I'm touched they went through all of this for me. I go into the kitchen and notice all the food and cakes. A box of cupcakes makes me pause my actions once I see how they're beautifully decorated. The first nine cupcakes have a letter on them spelling out my name.

Santana walks into the kitchen with a small smile on her face.

Santana: Ya' like it?
Me: I love it, you guys are sweet.
Santana: Char handmade these for you.
Me: Really? Is she a baker?
Santana: Somewhat, when she's stressed baking is her go to.
Me: Is she here?

She nods before taking a brownie off a plate.

Santana: If I know her the way I think I do she's found a quiet space.
Me: How come?
Santana: She doesn't do parties but I felt bad. All she does is go to class and back to the dorm, a shut in basically.

I hum, where could she be?

Judging from a few nights ago she'd be way too shy to go upstairs and find a room. I peek outside into the backyard and there she was, asleep on the swing. I smile to myself as I notice how peaceful she looks. Her features are soft and calm, she's pretty.

I shake her gently and her eyes flutter open, she gasps as she sees me.

Char: Hongjoong, what're you doing here?

I'm convinced no one remembers I pay the bills here.

Me: I came to wake you so you can have one of your amazing cupcakes.

She blushes slightly.

Char: They're okay.
Me: They're more than okay, you even took the time to spell my name. Not to mention they're topped with chocolate covered strawberries, I love them!

The more I talk the redder she gets, adorable.

Char: Um, happy birthday.
Me: Thank you.

I take a seat next to her on the swing and she slightly tenses up.

Me: Relax, I'm harmless.
Char: Sorry.
Me: No worries. I heard you don't like parties.
Char: Not really, people make me nervous.

Cute.

Me: Do I make you nervous?

She chuckles and I take that as a yes.

Me: It's okay I'm not a scary person.
Char: Isn't that what scary people say? Like a serial killer will say I'm not a serial killer?

I laugh before nodding.

Me: I guess you'll just have to see for yourself.
Char: And how will I do that.
Me: Come around more yeah?

She fans her face before looking away from me. Her hands cover her face and I gently tug them away.

Me: I'm going to teach you, you don't have to be so afraid of me.

She hums.

__

don't ask why i woke up at 5am when i have to get up at 8am.