chapter : 40

Char's point of view

I'm not sure what made Santana so sad last night so the next day I decided to drag her to the ice-cream parlor, ice-cream always help. Cina walks in smiling at us as she sits down. My eyes widen once I see her neck.

Me: Cina what happened?
Cina: Huh?
Santana: Your neck.

A look of realization spreads across her face, she laughs before shaking her head.

Cina: Well, uh, Yeosang went sadist on me yesterday.

Santana chokes on her ice-cream.

Santana: What? What happened!
Cina: He was extremely late for our date so I decided to give him a hard time all day which backfired on me awfully. He took a belt and wrapped it around my neck, basically strangling me while giving me back shots.

I blink, the way she talks about it nonchalantly is just wow.

Cina: It was an experience.
Santana: Liked it?
Cina: Loved it.
Santana: So you're a masochist now?

She shakes her head.

Cina: Not at all, he does the right amount of rough with me without going full scary mode. What's up with you two? Why are we getting ice-cream at nine in the morning?
Me: San was sad last night.

Cina frowns.

Cina: Why?
Santana: Just, ex-boyfriend issues.
Me: Y'know my brother thinks you're really pretty. Maybe you two can go on a date!
Cina: Yes! Maybe that's what you need, a cute little outing to make you forget about them for a while.

Santana stirs her treat absentmindedly.

Santana: Oh yes, throw me on a date with a gang leader.
Me: Perfect! I'll text him.

She glares at me. Ever since Xiaojun cake to visit I've been actually replying to his texts. My mother made me believe that he was dangerous and couldn't be trusted but that's not true. Sure his job is dangerous but he's still the same brother I grew up with.

I squeal.

Me: He said he'd love to take you out.
Santana: I did not agree.
Cina: We don't care, you need this!

__

I hum to myself as I shop for ingredients to make beef and broccoli. It's one of hongjoong's favorite meals, I want to surprise him before he gets home later tonight. My eyes land on a familiar face and I smile. Ten hums as he grabs a bottle of soy-sauce off the counter.

Me: Hello.

He glances at me and smiles.

Ten: Hi pretty, nice to see you again.
Me: Watcha' got in your basket?
Ten: Making some bourbon chicken and low mein for dinner tonight.
Me: That sounds good.
Ten: It is, you should come have some.

I decline politely.

Me: I'm making dinner for my boyfriend tonight.
Ten: Ah, that red head guy right?
Me: Hongjoong, yes.

He hums.

Ten: Hongjoong is really lucky.
Me: Well goodluck with your dinner tonight!

I walk off to the counter humming. The cashier sits at the counter with a bored expression. His nametag says Yunho making me raise an eyebrow, that name sounds familiar.

Me: Your blue hair is pretty.

He smiles shyly before thanking me.

Once he tells me the total I begin to dig around in my purse for my wallet. Where is it? A groan leaves my lips, I think I left it at home.

"I got it."

I whip around to see Ten handing me his card. I shake my head.

Me: It's okay, I'll go back home and grab my wallet.
Ten: No I insist.
Me: But..-

He gently moves me aside and sticks his card into the machine. Yunho chuckles at my shocked face.

Ten: How's it going tonight?
Yunho: Slow.
Ten: Is it slow or are you missing Mingi?

The boy blushes, wait a minute...

Yunho! Cina's ex, Mingi's boyfriend Yunho!

The machine beeps and he removes his card. The receipt prints out and he hands it to me.

Me: That was really nice of you.
Ten: I'm a nice person.
Me: I see.

He pats my head lightly.

__

i need to hurry up and make ten his own book before i make this book go sideways SHDJSJ.