chapter : 10

Santana's point of view

I stare at the girl while she chews her chocolate chip muffin absentmindedly. About a few months ago I found out Char was an undercover little. She doesn't slip into her little space often but when she does it's usually because there's so much built up stress she just needs to replenish.

Char: Sannie?
Me: Yes?
Char: Why were you so sad yesterday?

I shrug not wanting to talk about it because of multiple reasons.

Me: Just one of those days.
Char: Those days?
Me: You know when you wake up and you're just feeling sad? No reason behind it just not happy?

She shakes her head.

Char: I always wake up happy.
Me: Really?

She nods cutely.

Char: The sun is a pretty thing to wake up to.
Me: Ah, your favorite color is yellow right?
Char: Right! It's a happy color, it makes me happy.

I smile.

Char: You look tired Sannie.

I still have my heels in my hands and my dress on as we sit in this coffee shop, I am beyond tired. Atlas, I suck it up to look after my little friend.

The girl known as Giselle walks up to us with a smile on her face. The more I look at her the more I'm not surprised she's San's sister, they look like twins.

Giselle: Can I help you guys with anything else?
Char: Another muffin please.
Me: No.

She frowns.

Char: Why?
Me: Too much chocolate breaks you out remember?
Char: No.

She narrows her eyes at me and I do the same. She eventually loses the staring war and pouts.

Me: Check please!

__

Char, whose suppose to be studying but isn't gets annoyed when she realizes she's colored in all her coloring books. A pillow flies across the room and I close my laptop with a sigh.

Me: Char I swear to God.
Char: Ooo, you're not suppose to use his name in vain.
Me: Why do you keep throwing things?
Char: I need something to color.
Me: I gave you a notebook already.

She shakes her head.

Char: Pictures, I need pictures.

I let out an agitated sigh before grabbing the car keys.

__

She hums as she scans all the coloring books. We've been standing here for a half hour now, I'm going to start banging my head against the wall if she doesn't decide.

Char: Bunnies or kittens?
Me: Get both.
Char: Really?

Yes, anything to get us the hell out of here. I nod my head and she squeals.

Char: Wait.

For the love of...

Char: They have how to train your dragon and toy story.
Me: They're a dollar each just grab all the ones you want and come on.

She glares at me before pondering carefully. She tosses all four coloring books in the cart before moving on to crayons and markers.

We head towards the checkout and I see a familiar head of red hair. Hongjoong plays with his ears piercing while standing in line. He spots us and smiles.

Hongjoong: Hey.

Char retreats behind me peeking over my shoulder. Joong chuckles while raising an eyebrow.

Hongjoong: Am I stranger now?
Me: Um, she's not really Char right now. She's Char but she's..

He glances at the cart full of coloring books, crayons and juice boxes.

Hongjoong: Are you guys babysitting?

More like me, I'm babysitting.

"I think I have a crush on him."

I jump as Char whispers in my ear. She glances at Hongjoong before turning pink in the face, he raises an eyebrow at her behavior.

Me: Pay her no mind she's uh, she's sleepy.

Char stomps.

Char: I'm not, I want to color!

Normally she isn't this much of a brat when she's in her headspace but the more stress she had to endure the more she'll be a bit more irritable.

Hongjoong: You're going to color?

She nods.

Hongjoong: What're you going to color?
Char: Toothless and Buzzlightyear.

He smiles fondly at her before giggling.

Hongjoong: That's cute, I hope you have fun.
Me: Hey Char? Can you run to the cooler and grab some juice?
Char: What kind?
Me: Your favorite.
Char: Pink lemonade!

She runs off and I hum at the pink boy.

Me: You know don't you?
Hongjoong: Of course I do. Which makes me want this date to go absolutely perfect Friday.

Hmmm.

__

how is everyone?