chapter : 15

Char's point of view

My professor hands me back my research paper with a perfect grade, perhaps staying up til two in the morning does pay off. I hum to myself as I walk out of the classroom. Mingi stands there talking with his two friends before waving me over.

Choi San and Jung Wooyoung smile politely as do I.

Mingi: What're you up to?
Me: Nothing on my way back to the dorms. What're you doing?
Mingi: Planning on having a small get together tonight.

I blink unamused, there's no such thing as a fraternity having a small get together.

Me: Well, have fun with that.
Mingi: You should stop by.
Me: I can't, I'm busy.
Mingi: Studying isn't being busy.
Wooyoung: Technically it is.
Mingi: That's boring.
Wooyoung: That's why you're failing.
Mingi: I'm not failing!
Wooyoung: Barely passing.

They begin to bicker back and forth. I take this time to creep away, well try anyways. San raises an eyebrow and I smile sheepishly.

San: She's trying to leave.

Mingi wraps his arms around me putting all his body weight down, I groan since he's heavier than he looks.

Mingi: I won't let you go until you agree.
Me: This is harassment.
Mingi: Don't you like s'mores? The get together isn't even at the frat house it's a few miles from here actually. We're having a bonfire.

Bonfires always seem fun on movies, but something tells me this one won't be like that at all. I shake my head, none of my friends would want to come anyways. Santana despises San which means she hates Mingi and Wooyoung by association and don't even get me started on Cina's hate for them.

Mingi: You can invite your friends.
San: Yes invite Cina and Santana, I'm trying to be a sandwich in the middle.

Wooyoung elbows him and I raise an eyebrow.

Me: I don't get it.
Wooyoung: Cute.
Mingi: Ignore San, but think about it.

__

This is nuts.

What on earth possessed me of all people to come alone to this bonfire? I spot familiar faces in the group from around campus, where the hell is Song Mingi? As if on cue I spot his head of blue hair and let out a sigh of relief.

Mingi: Holy shit, I can't believe you actually came!

I shrug.

Me: I want a s'more.

He giggles cutely before nodding.

Mingi: You see that guy over there with pink hair?

I nod.

Mingi: That's Jaehyun, he has all the sweets.
Me: Cool.

The boy sits on a log by himself scrolling on his phone. Once he feels me approaching him he smiles, little dimples appearing on his face. He's really handsome.

Me: Hi.
Jaehyun: Hi.
Me: I'm Char.
Jaehyun: I'm Jaehyun.
Me: Mingi said you're the one with the s'mores.

He lets out a small "ahh."

Jaehyun: I have s'mores, brownies, cookies and rice crispy treats.
Me: That all sounds good.

I hum.

Me: Can I have a brownie?
Jaehyun: Anything for you pretty.

He digs into his duffle bag and hands me the wrapped treat. A smile spreads across my face, sweets this late isn't a good idea but I didn't come all the way here for nothing.

I bite into the brownie and hum, this tastes interesting.

__

Hongjoong's point of view

I roll my eyes as my mom continues to preach about marriage.

Mom: When your father and I finished college we immediately got married. Not too long after I got pregnant with you, my bundle of joy.
Me: Why are you telling me this?

She pops me with her rolled up magazine and I whine.

Mom: You haven't had a girlfriend in years Joongie!
Me: I had Sue for a while.

She scoffs.

Mom: That goldigger was not a girlfriend, I tolerated her because you were blinded. By what? Who knows.

She's right, I was a fool.

Mom: I just want you to be happy.
Me: I can be happy on my own you know?
Mom: I want grandkids.

My eyes widen.

Me: I'm incredibly too young!
Mom: You whine too much.

"He gets it from you."

My dad walks in with a large grin on his face, he kisses my mother's cheek before hugging me. A live like theirs would be nice, they're always so genuine. Even when they're upset with each other they don't fake it, if they're mad then they're mad. They always find a way to talk it out.

My phone dings signaling a text message, I smile once I see Char's name but my smile fades when I read her message.

little one 💞🐻: hongjoong.. something is wrong.

__

PHEW