chapter : 19

Char's point of view

My whole existence is one big awkward moment but this, this is a level of awkward I've never experienced before. Hongjoong let out a small sigh before subtly glaring at his mom.

Hongjoong: Mother.
Mrs.Kim: Son.

He groans.

Hongjoong: She's uncomfortable.
Mrs.Kim: She's fine.

I'm a nervous wreck is what I am, what if I say the wrong thing? What if they tell me to stay away from their son? My thoughts get interrupted as I hear the chef yelling my name, once he spots me his eyes widen. He forces a smile on his face politely bowing to the kims.

Chef: Ah, Mr and Mrs Kim how are you?
Mr.Kim: Fine, hows your family?
Chef: They're getting better.
Mr.Kim: That's good to here.

Chef Lee shoots me a death stare that doesn't go unnoticed by Hongjoong.

Hongjoong: Can we help you chef?
Chef: Just making sure my co-worker isn't disturbing you.
Hongjoong: She's not, she's dining with us.

His mother hums as his dad agrees as well, the chef open and closes his mouth not knowing what to say.

Chef: Well, I'll assign you guys a new waitress then.

He gives me one last glance before going back into the kitchen. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, Mrs.Kim runs a hand through her short black hair before smiling.

Mrs.Kim: So Char, tell us about yourself.
Me: Uh, nothing too interesting. Just a college student whose trying to survive her junior year.

She chuckles while nodding her head.

Mrs.Kim: I remember those days.
Mr.Kim: Me too, although we had some wild days as well.
Hongjoong: Please don't.

Mrs.Kim waves her hand dismissively.

Mrs.Kim: Excuse our son, I don't know where he got his stuckupness from.
Hongjoong: Stuckupness isn't a word.
Mrs.Kim: See? A buzzkill.

I giggle, my nerves calming down a bit. Mrs.Kim starts yelling the story of when Mr.Kim's fraternity crashed her sorority's slumber parter. Apparently it wasn't a big deal when certain people hooked up to do the devil's tango.

Hongjoong's parents being one of them. The red haired boy stares at his mother in disgust as she tells way too much information.

Mrs.Kim: Best night of my life.
Hongjoong: Lets move on please.
Mr.Kim: How do you like working here Char?
Me: It's good.

Hongjoong frowns.

Hongjoong: Not tiring?
Me: Nope.
Hongjoong: Not too many days with long hours that don't consider your school schedule?

What is he trying to do?

Mrs.Kim: Oh? Are they over working you dear?
Me: N-no everything is just fine.
Mr.Kim: Are you sure? We can adjust the restaurant hours so that your schedule will be okay.

I shake my head viciously.

Me: That's too much work for just me.
Mr.Kim: Nonsense.
Mrs.Kim: All it takes is one call. Our son Hongjoong, contrary to popular belief - because we raised him with manners - isn't a people person. He hates people.

My eyes widen.

Mrs.Kim: So whenever he brings someone around or acknowledges their presence, they must be special and therefore is now apart of our family. You know Yeosang and Seonghwa right?

I nod.

Mrs.Kim: They're like my sons.
Mr.Kim: Well their is one exception.
Mrs.Kim: Oh yes, Sue.
Me: Sue?
Mrs.Kim: A girl who used my son and took advantage of our hospitality.

I think I've heard Cina mention a Sue person before and boy was she not a fan. The dinner continues light heartedly and by the end I feel at ease. Hongjoong told his parents he'd walk me to my car safely before heading home.

Hongjoong: Sorry if they seemed overbearing.
Me: They put me at ease, I was a nervous wreck.
Hongjoong: I could tell.

I push his arm playfully and he laughs.

Hongjoong: What're you doing tomorrow?
Me: Nothing really, need to get caught up on laundry but that's it.
Hongjoong: Shove all your dirty clothes in a giant back and I'll pick you up first thing in the morning so you can do them at my house.

I raise an eyebrow.

Me: You want me to do my laundry at your house?
Hongjoong: Yes, that way you have no excuse not to spend the day with me.

My heart speeds up a bit, I have to cough to keep from saying something stupid. When nothing comes out I just nod my head in agreement.

__

early march i'll be taking request for customized kpop hair clips. they'll be something like this:

(disclaimer: the picture posted isn't my work, just something off google. i just wanted to show you guys an example of what im doing.)

)