chapter : 21

Hongjoong's point of view

I smile to myself as Char hums while coloring. About a hour ago she slipped into her little space and there's no signs of her coming out any time soon. I don't mind it though, I rub her head gently and she grins.

Char: Look.

It's a heart colored in various shades of red, in the bottom left corner is my name.

Me: You made this for me?

She nods cutely.

Me: Thank you baby.
Char: You're welcome.
Me: It's almost lunchtime, what do you want to eat?
Char: Subs!

I had zero intentions on leaving the house today, I'm exhausted but for her of course. I grab my car keys off the counter and she jumps up almost falling back over.

Me: Be careful little one.

She grabs my hand and swings our arms back and forth, so adorable.

__

I stare at the girl worried for her wellbeing. Is she seven chewing at this point? Please don't choke. Char scarfs down her ham sub before downing her cup of sprite. I grab a napkin wiping the leftover mayo and crumbs from her face.

Me: You must've been hungry love.
Char: Yesterday I forgot to eat so all that hunger transfer over to today.

My eyes narrow.

Me: What do you mean you forgot to eat?

She plays with her fingers nervously, I sigh before grabbing her hand gently.

Char: Well, I worked a really long day yesterday and because it was so busy I was denied a break by chef. He said I should work and not worry about lazing around.
Me: He what!

She flinches from my tone.

Char: Please don't yell daddy.
Me: I'm sorry, but he shouldn't do that princess. Working an eight hour shift automatically requires a break, maybe even two. And why is he always bossing you guys around? He's a chef not a manager.

She plays with the rings on my finger before shrugging.

Char: He says: his kitchen, his rules. Daddy can you buy me a ring like this?
Me: Someday.

__

Seonghwa loosens his tie before raising an eyebrow.

Seonghwa: No break?
Me: No break.
Seonghwa: He's not the chef ramsay he thinks he is.

He passes me a bottle of beer and I thank him.

Me: What should I do?
Seonghwa: Fire him.
Me: That's the obvious solution but what about all that stuff that's happening with his family?
Seonghwa: What about it?
Me: Hwa..

He shakes his finger making me laugh.

Seonghwa: I understand going through hardships are stressful and they make you more sensitive to life. However those hard times are not an excuse to be a nasty person, the universe will never remove your stress if you're going to be evil.

He sits his drink down before sighing.

Seonghwa: I've known you since middle school Joong, you've always wore your heart on your sleeve and cared too much about people, yuck.

We both laugh.

Seonghwa: So find a solution that helps the chef's family and the employees of that restaurant because I'm pretty sure Char isn't the only one suffering.

__

San's point of view

I walk into Raven's room and frown. She's laying on her bed half asleep with her work uniform on.

Me: This isn't sexy in the slightest.
Raven: Fuck off.
Me: I can't when you're still fully clothed.

She sits up letting out a small sigh. This goes against my code but..

Me: What's wrong?
Raven: The chef at my job is a dictator.
Me: Is he working you too hard?
Raven: Way too hard.

She moves around her neck and winces in pain. I stare at her for a minute before pulling out my wallet, I hand her some money and she frowns.

Raven: What is this for?
Me: There's a spa not too far from here, go to the massage wing and ask for Debra. She'll get the stiffness out.

She smiles a little before nodding.

Raven: Thank you.
Me: Yeah yeah.

__

goodmorningggg.

happy valentine's day 💖 🍫 .

if you don't have a valentine today i'll be yours.

you're amazing, special, and most importantly LOVED