chapter : 14

Char's point of view

"You're a four foot sadist who doesn't scare me."

Yeosang narrows his eyes at Santana and she does the same. Cina chews on her bagel glancing back and forth between the two.

Yeosang: I absolutely loathe you.
Santana: In an alternate universe you won't.

She winks and the boys chuckles. A yawn leaves my lips as I rub my eyes, I'm beyond tired. I had to stay at the restaurant til two in the morning, chef orders, to finish counting up supplies not to mention I had a seven o'clock class early the next morning.

My bags have bags.

Cina: Char, you okay?
Me: Yes just a little sleepy is all.

I stare at the cup of coffee on the table that's not really helping. I have to go to work in a few hours, that thought alone makes me want to cry. Part of me wants to call off but whenever anyone calls of the chef treats them like absolute garbage the next day.

He already hates me so do I really need to add fuel to the fire? I stand to my feet and they all look at me.

Me: I'm going to go take a nap before work later.

They bid me goodbye as I sigh, I can't wait to see my bed.

__

My eyes snap open in a panic, crap! I over slept, I look at the clock and it's six o'clock. My shift started at five, my phone is full of missed calls from work.

I face plant onto the floor when I try to jump out of bed, my blankets and sheets tripping me up. The guiness book of world records should include me for how fast the shower I took was.

My hair is still wet but I don't have time to dwell on that. I squeeze it into a ponytail and run out the door.

Once I enter the door I immediately apologize to all of my co-workers who didn't really seem to care. The girl known as Raven smiles kindly at me.

Me: Did you have to take over my tables? I'm so sorry.
Raven: It's okay. You've worked here two years and never been late or called off, it's not a big deal.

She glances towards chef Lee's area and sigh.

Raven: I can't say the same about that asshole though.

I notice purple bruises going down her neck and gasp.

Me: Are you okay? Did you get burned?

She looks at me puzzled, once she notices where my line of vision is she lets out a soft laugh.

Raven: No, me and this guy had a rough night.
Me: He hit you! Did you call the police.
Raven: Char, so innocent, cute.

She pats my head before skipping away.

"CHAR!"

Oh shoot.

__

Hongjoong's point of view

Seonghwa curses under his breath as Yeosang and I celebrate the fact that he lost a bet. With that being said he has to treat us to dinner.

Seonghwa: It was rigged.
Me: How so?
Seonghwa: Going a week without sex is just plain terible.
Yeosang: You use to go weeks without it before you met Cina.
Seonghwa: Have you seen Cina?
Me: I'm pretty sure if we answer that you'll hit us.

I remember I complimented on how pretty her dress was one day and he ignored me for a month.

Seonghwa: Let's go to KBBQ.
Me: Why?
Yeosang: It's your restaurant so that means discounted food.
Seonghwa: Which is easier on my wallet, Sang is small but he eats a lot.
Me: You're rich.
Seonghwa: Lets pretend I'm not.

As always, the restaurant is filled with anxious and buzzing customers. My father did a good job in hiring chef's that are good with my family's recipes however this place needs a good attitude adjustment.

The host was awful and looks like she hates her job. The waiter was just as bad making me annoyed.

Me: Does Char work today?

Both the boys shrug.

Yeosang: Maybe, she looked exhausted today so hopefully she called in.

I frown. Is she not resting well?

Twenty minutes later our food arrives and it looks amazing. It's even more amazing when you're not the one paying for it so we order even more chicken and pork to Seonghwa's dismay.

__

I finish washing my hands and exit the bathroom, on my way down the hall I hear small sniffles. My curiosity gets the best of me so I peek into the small waiting area and my heart crumbles at the scene.

Char is sitting on the bench with her face buried in her hands crying her eyes out. Her body shakes violently with every sob that comes out. I kneel in front of her and tug her hands away from her face.

Char: Hongjoong?

She quickly wipe her tears.

Me: Why are you crying?
Char: I'm not.

I blink.

Me: It's not polite to lie little one, you're sitting here crying your heart out. What happened?

She lets out a shaky sigh.

Char: After an eight hour shift yesterday I had to stay an extra five hours to count supplies and then had class a few hours later. I'm tired and can't think straight, I was late today which means I have a target on my back.

I raise an eyebrow.

Char: The chef doesn't like when people are late. He will make your whole shift a nightmare.

This angers me, I don't know who the fuck he thinks he is to treat people like this.

Especially her, he has no right.

Me: I'm going to talk to him.
Char: Please don't, it'll make it worse.
Me: Char, I..-

My words get stuck in my throat as she wraps her arms around my neck, clinging for dear life. I rub her back gently before nodding.

Me: I won't say anything, for now, but listen to me princess.

She hums.

Me: You're leaving now, you need to go home and rest okay?

She doesn't say anything, her grip on me becomes tighter.

Me: Char?

I pull away from her and her watery doe eyes stare into mine. A small grin paints my face as I notice she's slipped into a headspace, so cute.

I caress the side of her face and she smiles a little.

Me: You're cute, you know that?

She gets a little shy making me giggle.

__

goodmorning.

those votes are.. something,, you guys never fail to make me laugh.

one book might be closed for voting because he truly deserves his own book...y'all know who im talking about.

hanbinnnnn my love.