Chapter 37 - First dates

Start from the beginning

I was surprised at how good I became at lying. I've always gotten completely anxious to lie to my parents before. It came more natural now.

"Ok, good. Because I was never a fan of any of Gabriel's friends." My dad admitted.

Something popped up I my head suddenly, about what Gabriel had told me. "And I guess you also weren't a fan of depositing money into Gabriel's account either."

My dad looked completely taken aback. "He told you that?"

"Yeah. He said that you stopped paying for his expenses four years ago."

"Why does he always have to make me look like the bad guy?" He asked in exasperation.

"So you didn't cut him off?"

"I did, but you have to understand why, Seraphina. He's almost twenty-three years old. He had to know what it was like to be able to support himself and not stay home everyday or go out with his friends. This world is serious and we have to be independent and strong if we want people to respect us. We have to work for a living, not live on someone else's money."

I wanted to yell at him and tell him that Gabriel resorted to selling drugs to get money, but I couldn't sell Gabriel out like that just because I wanted to make a point.

My dad also had a point.

"The way I live off of your money?" I wondered.

"That's different, of course. You're still sixteen. You're not even legal yet."

"Seventeen." I corrected. He didn't even know my age.

"My bad, it was an honest mistake." He sighed. "I knew how old you are."

"I know." I murmured. I stepped foreward and hugged my father quickly, before pulling away. "I'll see you at dinner." I said, before turning around and rushing away. There was so much secrets I was keeping from my parents, that I couldn't even hold a lengthy conversation with them anymore.

***

It was the day. The day that I would be going on my very first date with Logan Rivera, the man who I could not keep out of my head and thoughts. I was beyond nervous because I have never been on a date before. Logan would be my first, just as he was my first kiss.

Butterflies were swimming in my stomach and they wouldn't stop. I've never liked anyone as much liked, or loved Logan. I had small crushes in the past, but they never lasted long enough for me to still be thinking about them to this day.

Bella and Caitlyn would be here to fetch me any minute. I asked them if they could come and fetch me and drop me off at Logan's apartment. I didn't want my chauffeur to know where he was taking me, because then my parents would ask him too many questions. I also didn't want Logan to fetch me, because imagine what would happen with both my parents and Gabriel at home.

I was finishing up my outfit and frowned when I looked in the mirror. Logan told me to dress casually, so I decided to a thin material baby purple dress that had tiny red roses on it. It was pretty and suited the weather, and it had short peplum sleeves. I put on silver jewelry, consisting of a charm bracelet and a chain. I put my ring on that Logan got me for my birthday. I always took it off when I wasn't in my room, too afraid that someone would ask questions about it.

My hair was loose and naturally curled and I pinned a pink butterfly in it. When my phone beeped in the distance, I jumped in fright. I knew it was Bella or Caitlyn messaging me that they were outside, so I hurriedly slipped on shoes and sprayed my clothes with my strawberry and vanilla perfume.

Grabbing my sling bag I rushed out of my room and shut the door.

"See you guys later." I greeted, while entering the kitchen. Surprisingly, my mother was cooking dinner and Bethany was no where to be seen. My mother cooked on occasion but she hadn't done it in a while so I was disheartened that I wouldn't get to have dinner with my family. Gabriel was sitting by the kitchen watching my mom chop the vegetables, and I smiled at the scene.