Liza

Chapter 35
Liza

Caleb was ready to meet the Charlatan that stole his book.

Clarence had the paperwork recreated by the document division.

They looked authentic down to the calligraphy hand writing on parchment paper.

The mother fucker had the nerve to steal the book verbatim Caleb thought angrily.

As Caleb rewrote the book he cried several time's thinking of his wife and daughter allowing memories of them to fade far from thought over the decade's.

His book was an anchor that bore his soul no one was profiting off his emotion's and loss. Caleb and Clarence entered in the cozy bookstore it was packed with reader's who loved Caleb's book.

The book thief read a passage from the book speaking about love and people taking it for granted.

Caleb recalled writing this piece because he saw his wife in town she was owned by another master he wasn't allowed to speak with her fearing the master's may think they were plotting an uprising.

Fan's of the book and Clarence clapped. The visitor's asked question's about the book's origin's lies were shared by the plagiarist to cover his thievery.

Why were you clapping Clarence? It was beautiful I clapped for you
Caleb he felt good Clarence said that. The thief signed book's, with each signature Caleb's temper grew.

Clarence advised Caleb not to speak unless he had permission because of his temperament the reading room cleared the four of them remained.

Rosemary knelt in front of Clarence she was human it wasn't needed.
C

aleb explained Clarence was vampire royalty for her to show as much respect as possible. Please rise and have a seat my dear.

The thief was confused hello Clarence greeted him calm. Hello are a fan of my work sir?

Clarence smirked
Your work? Yes my work sir. Are you sure you wrote this book? I'm the author the thief answering assured and confused.

Clarence handed him the the document's the scroll writer's recreated including the back dated copy right certificate.
C

larence paid one million dollar's to the clerk who did the honor's.

The book thief went over the document's his hand's shaking as reality set in snatching his glasses off, What do you want?

An apology to begin with you stole the work's of Caleb's great great grandfather and my great great Uncle.

How dare you Clarence chastised a white man stealing the writing's of a common slave.

I'd think as another white man you'd understand why trying reason his thievery to Clarence.

I would if I were white I am a black man. Rosemary and the book thief were shocked.

Here's what you're doing you'll send me copies of the contract's you signed with your publisher's as well as any movie, television right's or endorsement's.

Proof of monies recieved in connection with the book.

Clarence turned to Caleb 80% of proceeds? The thief's jaw dropped.