The Engagement Party

Chapter 10

Gabriel awoke to a dark bedroom the way it was when she had fallen asleep. She woke up covered in blankets and clarence was gone. She sat up Clarence? She called out to him. When he didn't come he reached for her purse to grab her cell and call him. As the phone rang he walked in completely dressed wearing grey sweat pants white nike sneakers and a Levi's grey tee. He dressed simple in her eyes but he always looked crisp and nice his clothes always showed his big arms and strong shoulders. As soon as he walked in Gabriel raised her arms like a child for him to come hug her. He rushed to her as if he were gone forever. Hey Hey what's the matter sugar. Nothing... I woke up and you were gone. I wasn't gone.. He walked back to the hall and bought in a bouquet of mixed roses. Joan cut these fresh for you this morning.. This morning? what time is it? she looked down at her cell its Friday 7pm. I been sleep since Tuesday? yes my love. 3 days?
We are waiting to make sure your change is complete.

Zion took some blood i gave him permission you had a very high fever then last night after i gave you a cool bath it broke. Examining her arm and clothes she still had on her robe her hair was untied again she looked down her ring was still on her hand with a new matching diamond tennis bracelet. You did this? Yes do u like it sugar? I love it.  It matches the ring beautifully. Well I didn't buy the ring so least I could do is buy you a mate. Thank you honey she kissed him, Honey I need to use the bathroom. He looked at her confused. What? We don't use the bathroom.  She ran and sat on the toilet peed and had a bowel movement. What is it? What? She laughed. Number one or number 2? Gabriel thought its cute but is he for real? Yes I'm for real! Don't do that its creepy she laughed. She wiped flushed and jumped into the shower. Baby? yes? hot tea please. Hot tea? he mouthed to himself. Yes hot tea. You heard that? yes laughing.

Zion can you come up with hot tea please. Still? humm. On my way. When Gabriel came out Zion turned his back, Good evening Great one. Stop with all that. He turned around so I heard you used the bathroom? yes did you flush? yes. Ok next time i will leave you a few tubes in the bathroom for a sample please. No Problem. He walked into the bathroom and left the sample cups. Zion handed her the tea. ummm thank you she sat on the edge of the bed turned on the tv and sipped Tell me has Isaiah awaken? Last night and he is extremely happy with his new looks. He is with the baby vampires now. Ok im glad he is ok, Zion was checking her vitals with his eyes looking at her pupils zooming in and out.  Counting her pulse while looking at the clock on the mantel, listening to her breathing to see if she were still wheazing like two nights ago or breathing shallow. Nothing she was healthy as she could be. She is fine he spoke to Clarence silently.

Gabriel guess what? Zion sat in a chair. I have to ask you to marry me all over again?  Why? because it has to be in front of the coven's we are an old race of people and we still have a lot of old fashioned ideals we follow. Are you going to tell her?  She looked on I'm real interested. I have to offer you a dowry. A dowry? Now that's real old school. Yes it is.

Gabriel threw back her head and laughed. What are you going to offer? or wait. How does all this work? We plan an engagement party all the covens come of course  you will meet everyone. We order food a lot of the covens have human helpers wives and husbands.

There is a lot with it I don't want to spoil it for you so I won't tell you everything. Get to the dowry. Well I would offer it to your mom or dad or grandma but I have to offer it to you since they have already crossed home.

You need someone to accept it for you. She looked at Zion. No No I'm not in this.

Zion has to come up with a price it can be paid in money jewel's land cattle or any combination Well. Hummm she looked around thinking, what if i said I want this house? Then I'd give it if it meant I can marry you but remember Zion has to ask for it not you. How do I know you can afford it? she was grinning like a cat that swallowed a canary. Clarence let out a hefty laugh. I mean this could all be on credit. They both bellowed out loud.