Awake

CHAPTER 6

If Zion could sleep it would be on this contraption. He sat on a recliner a wonderful invention he loved recliners.  Zion pushed it back and it became a bed. He was always meaning to purchase one but never did.

Clarence heard a voice in his head, how are you?

I'm good, brother, watching Gabriel....how will I explain all this that I turned her?

Explain with love.

Can you get away to come see something? Clarence asked.

Yes, Zion rose and checked on Isaiah. He was super quiet as to not wake the joker gingerly walking the stairs.

"Look in that bucket, does that look normal to you Doctor?"

Zion looked, "It's coagulated blood."

"I know," Clarence replied with extreme concern in his voice, "the blood she's throwing up is dead so soon after the turn? Do you mind if I look in her medicine cabinet Clarence? Go ahead. Zion returned holding chemo pills.

"She had cancer Clarence" tossing the pills, "this is cancer she's purging Ive never seen this before have you?"

"No Zion. Did she tell you she was sick?"

"No, she didn't its no matter now."

"Are you going to sleep Pharaoh?"

"I've been off my natural soil for a couple days I can't sleep what about you?"

"I haven't slept in 5 years."

"Yes,  you told me it will pass Doctor once I didn't sleep for seven years. One night I lay down and woke up the next morning. Some vampires say it comes and goes, some never go through it, and some never sleep again. We have guards who don't sleep. It's  part of the job requirement on the coven intranet. It will pass my friend." Clarence assured Zion when they heard maniacal giggling.

"Lordy! Let me go see about this boy." Zion sighed.

Clarence laughed, "He will stop. Oh, and look."Clarence held Gabriel's mouth open, "Dr. what do you say?"

"My God already? She's evolving overnight fangs? That usually comes in week two Pharaoh."

"That's what I thought i'll keep an eye on her," Clarence replied. Zion went in his sweater removing his stethoscope pressing her heart. "It still beats but very low soon it will be over, and she will rise to her new life as your vampire queen. Does Gabriel know she's a queen?"

"No, I haven't asked her to marry me yet Zion." "How do you know she is going to say yes?" Zion looked at him waiting for him to tell on himself.

"You know how I know Zion."
"Say it, and free yourself Pharaoh." They laughed.

"I read her thoughts one night, and entered a dream."

"Shame on you." Zion shook his finger at him shaming him playfully.

"How do you say you're a vampire queen?"

"You say....you're a vampire queen? You always were able to keep things simple Ziin. It's easier that way Clarence." "Water," Gabriel whined dryly.

Clarence held her head, "Here baby," he steadily held the ice cold glass of water to her plump, sexy lips.

"Thank you, honey." she said weakly. She reached for his hand, holding it. Zion looked on wishing  he could find a woman to love him that way, even in her pain, change, and sleep, she loves you Pharaoh.

Clarence held Gabriel close to him He was nervous, excited & happy, she was off chemo. He wouldn't mention that he knew about cancer, he would explain what happened. Clarence overslept. Gabriel was taking a bath.