Imaginary

~Imaginary friend au~

When someone dies, people normally expect them to either go to heaven or hell, or maybe even purgatory. That wasn't the case this time however when Hawks had opened his eyes, his memories of how he died still new In his mind. There was nothing that could have been done about it, he was sick after all, and sometimes, you can't treat everything.

 He would have thought he had been good enough to at least be able to go to heaven, so what was this new place he found himself in?

He looked around. light blue painted walls, toys scattered around the room, and a little child's bed sat in the corner of the room. His brows furrowed. He was in a child's bedroom of all places he could have been. He looked down at himself, his clothes had changed from the hospital gown he had died in to a more casual wear, black, ripped jeans and a plain white t-shirt with black and white sneakers. 

His head snapped up once he hear the sound of little footsteps running towards the door of the bedroom and panicked. Looking around, he quickly hid in the closet that was beside the window and held his breath, not even realizing at the moment that he didn't need to. 

The door opened and in came a little red headed boy, probably no older than five, with tears running down his cheeks as his face was red with anger. He shut the door behind him, and stomped over to his bed, throwing himself onto it. A few seconds pass before the boy simply broke down crying, small hiccups following after.

Hawks bit his lip as he watched the boy through the small cracks in the closet. He had no clue what he was doing in this kid's room, but seeing the kid so upset made him want to comfort him.

He inwardly sighed and pressed a hand to the door before letting out a yelp when it simply passed through the door. The crying had stopped, and only then did Hawks realize that it was because of him and hurried out of the closet.

The boy stared at him wide eyed, scared even, and before Hawks even knew it, he had opened his mouth to scream. He let out a quick gasp and almost jumped forward to cover the kid's mouth, and to his surprise it didn't pass through the boy. 

Tears began to fall on his hand as the boy immediately started crying again, almost breaking Hawks's own heart.

"H-hey hey, I'm not here to hurt you, I promise! Just please calm down okay? I'm not gonna do anything bad." Hawks said pitifully in a soft tone. He never really had to deal with a kid on his own before, and calming them down definitely wasn't his strong suit. 

"My name is Hawks, what's yours?" He then asked, slowly removing his hand from the boy's mouth once the kid had seemed calm enough. 

"I-I don't know you!" The boy whined, shutting his eyes tightly, as if doing that would actually make Hawks go away. 

Hawks chewed on his bottom lip slightly. "Okay, that's good, you know the rules of stranger danger. If I was actually a bad guy, I wouldn't have stayed, I bet you could beat me up if I was." He said, moving back a little to give the boy his space. 

The young boy rubbed his now red eyes as he peeked one open to look at Hawks. "W-what are you d-doing in m-my r-room..?". Hawks almost gave a little laugh at that.

"Honestly kid? I don't know. See, I um... Went to sleep for a very long time, and I woke up here. I have no idea where I am or why I'm here. I'm just as confused as you." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

The boy thought for a moment before looking at Hawks fully. "A-are you m-magic? L-like um...S-sleeping beauty? S-she went to sleep for a long time too!"

Hawks blinked at the boy's words before letting out a small laugh. "I'm not magic as far as I know. Plus, if I was like sleeping beauty, who woke me up?" He asked, sitting on the floor next to the boy's bed. 

The boy crossed his legs as he sat on his bed, thinking over an answer. "M-maybe that's why you're here! I-I gotta help you find that out!"

Hawks shook his head at the young boy, but smiled nonetheless. "Well, I would be happy for your help." he said, leaning his head back as the boy watched him. Soon, the kid was sitting on the floor in front of him, no longer angry, and no longer crying. 

"M-my name is Enji. If we're working together then we gotta know our partner's name right?" He asked. Hawks hummed slightly before nodding his head. "Yeah, you're right. So, Enji, what made you so upset?"

Enji puffed out his cheeks as he looked down to the floor. "I-it was my first day at school...N-none of the kids liked me.."

Surprised Hawks sat up a bit more. "They didn't like you? What's not to like? You seem like a sweet kid."

Enji shrugged his shoulders as he remained quiet. Hawks frowned at the silence and leaned forward to hug him. 

"How about this? Not only will I be your partner in solving my mystery, I'll also be your friend?" He offered, hoping to cheer the kid up. 

Enji looked up at him, icy blue eyes wide and smiled. "O-okay! W-we'll be the best of friends ever!" He said goofily that even Hawks had to chuckle a big at the cuteness that was this boy. 

"Yeah, we'll be unstoppable as friends, and we'll play as long as you want. Well, as long as your parents allow you, I mean." Hawks said with a laugh, bringing a hand up to the boy's hair to ruffle it, getting a giggle out of the kid. 

"Hawks and Enji, unstoppable partners and friends!" Enji shouted, immediately going quiet soon after when he heard his mother asking who he was talking to. 

"Looks like I'll have to hide again if you're mom ever comes up." He joked as Enji quickly shouted back down to his mother that he wasn't talking to anyone.

"So little buddy, what should we do as official friends?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oop-