Button Eyes 2

With a sharp gasp he shot up on the bed. Enji lay sleeping peacefully beside him, unbothered by his sudden movements as he brought a hand up to his brow to wipe away the sweat. He didn't understand what had bothered him in his deep subconcious that caused his rude awakening, all he knew was that it would be a struggle to fall back asleep.

A gentle sigh escaped him as he threw the blanket off of his body and pushed himself up from the bed after swinging his legs over the side. If there was anything to ease his mind, it'd be a decent cup of water to wash the previous hours away.
Carefully tiptoeing to avoid making too much noise in the creaky floorboards of the bedroom, he made his way into the living room, which looked just the same as it had been left that morning. Even the familiar glint of the button key flashed in the same spot of the couch he had tossed it onto by the moonlight seeping through the blinds of the kitchen window from the other side of the room.

He couldn't help but stare. For some reason the urge to pick the key up and try the door again outweighed his earlier decision to get a drink and go back to bed. He glanced over towards the kitchen before moving his short gaze back towards the bedroom door. His attention then returned to the key, and as if his feet were their own, he moved towards the couch to pick it up.

He would try the door again, see the brick still there, and force himself to go back to bed. The drink didn't even matter to him as he shuffled his way over to the miniature door. Luck decided to gift him its pressence that Enji hadn't seen it yet. He wasn't quite sure that he was ready for that conversation.

Shaking his head to rid himself of thoughts that would otherwise drive him away from the very door in front of him, he inserted the key into the lock and turned it, hearing the familiar click. Taking a deep breath, he pulled it out before placing his hand onto the doorknob and turning it, fully expecting to see the brick pattern when he opened it.

Instead he was greeted with a bright, blue and purple colored tunnel, with the end destination unidentifiable. He didn't know what to make of it. After rubbing his eyes, twice just to be sure, it was clear he wasn't imagining it. He even stuck his hand inside, just slightly over where the edge  of the apartment and tunnel met. He pressed his hand down, feeling how sturdy the passage was.

Should he wake up Enji about this? Or would it all disappear if he even tried? A frown tugged at his lips. Enji had been working hard all day, the least he could do for him now was to let him sleep. So, after checking the tunnel again for sturdiness, he puffed his chest for a boost of confidence before crawling inside.

Despite no sign of light source, it was easy to see where he needed to go. There were no cobwebs, meaning the tunnel had to be fairly new. Maybe the brick had fallen down after he closed the door? It was a reasonable enough guess that eased his thoughts the most, so he decided to make it the truth for now.

A new light appeared soon enough, peeking out from under an identical small door. He reached out, turning the knob once more, and luckily enough it opened with ease, allowing him to leave the tunnel. Once he was back on his feet, he took a good look around at where he was.

He had to be dreaming. There was no other way to explain what he was seeing. He was back home. The couch was in the same place, as was the table, the heater, everything. At the same time though, everything looked different, brighter, and more lively. Either the tunnel was an entire circle of a path, or he was in a crazy, deep dream.

A light, yet delicious smell took a hold of his attention, with calmost clear smoke coming from the kitchen. A large, yet familiar body stood at the stove with his back towards him, stirring something in a large pot settled in front of him.

"Enji?" He called out cautiously, for the last he saw older male was him still asleep in their bed.

The other paused in his movements, as if evaluating his next words before shutting off the stove and turning around with a bright smile on his face, "Keigo! I didn't expect you to be here for another ten minutes!"