27

𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒
i was born with my heart on my sleeve, a fire in my soul, and a mouth i can't control

𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒 i was born with my heart on my sleeve, a fire in my soul, and a mouth i can't control

VICTORIA WATCHED AS Sookie patched Alcide up. She was leaning against the wall, a small smile on her face.

"Don't take it personally," Sookie was saying as she held gauze to the cut on Alcide's shoulder. "The Were you were fighting had vampire blood in him. Bill's in fact, so I know it's strong."

He sighed and looked between the cousin's. "Werewolves doing V?"

Victoria nodded, sighing. "It's something I have never heard of or thought possible, but it's true."

"Goes against everything we stand for," Alcide spat out, frowning. "The rest of the pack into that shit?"

"The ones who took Bill, at least," Sookie answered.

"Like I need more reasons to hate them," Alcide flinched when Sookie dabbed his wound with alcohol. "Ow!"

"Sorry," the blonde paused with a sheepish expression on her features. Tori's eyes twinkled as she watched Alcide analyze the blonde with soft brown eyes. "Is Debbie your ex-girlfriend?"

He sighed, and suddenly, he was tense. "She's my fiancée. She moved out a month ago."

"A month?" Tori cracked a smile. "And you still haven't got new furniture?"

The werewolf rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but smile over at the brunette. Even though he saw her stand up for him and Sookie; in his eyes, she was too innocent and nice, and it was something he wasn't used to lately. "I don't have the time for it."

"You ever hear from her?" Tori asked, her eyebrows pinching together.

Alcide looked to her with kind brown eyes. "My sister, Janice, does. She runs a beauty parlor. Debbie still goes in to get her hair done up."

He looked over his shoulder to Sookie and they looked at each other for a moment.

"Almost done," Sookie spoke gently and smiled.

Just as Sookie set down the first aid kit, her cell phone rang, and Tori watched with anxiousness when the blonde answered and felt relief when it seemed that Bill was the caller. When Sookie said, "Shut the fuck up," Tori pushed herself off the wall, her eyes wide.

Sookie's eyes shone with tears. "The last time I saw you, you asked me to marry you... You have to say that. Someone's listening... Bill... That's not true."

Tori walked over to her cousin once she realized the blonde had began to cry. When she walked over to the blonde, she yanked the phone from her, and protectiveness washed over her when she lifted the device to her ear. "You listen here, Bill, you broke my cousin's heart, and when I see you again, it'll be your heart that I break." She hung up and tossed the phone on the bed, pulling the blonde into a hug. "I got you. I got you."