14

𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒
flowers grow back even after they are stepped on

VICTORIA WAS HOLDING on for dear life in the back seat of the car as Bill drove angrily and recklessly

VICTORIA WAS HOLDING on for dear life in the back seat of the car as Bill drove angrily and recklessly. Flashbacks of that night her parents drove off the bride entered her mind and she was beginning to have a panic attack. Even Jessica looked ready to have a panic attack, and she's a vampire.

"Slow down, Bill!" Sookie exclaimed as she looked back at her cousin who was in the brink of either screaming or crying. She didn't know which, but neither was good. "Stop this. You're scaring us!"

Bill swerved the car and came to a screeching halt which finally allowed Victoria to breath. Jessica was sitting beside her, crying, blood streaks rolling down her cheeks.

Sookie took in a shaky breath before speaking, "I'm sorry. She promised she was just gonna look in the window. I know I made a mistake, but they're her family."

Bill clenched his jaw. "She is a vampire. She has no family!"

Jessica sobbed out, "I'm a monster, and I'm gonna be alone because of you," she spat out as she sat up fully. "I hate you so fucking much!"

Bill continued to look out the front window, his hands clenching around the steering wheel. "Be quiet."

"Easy shit!" Jessica screeched, her voice cracking.

Bill turned around and growled at the red head. "I said be quiet!"

"You're an asshole!" Snapped Victoria who quickly flinched back as the vampire turned to her with angry eyes.

Bill quickly turned to Sookie with narrowed eyes. "You undermined my authority as her maker. You risked those people's safety, your own, and Victoria's!" He shouted and the Gilbert bit down on her lip harshly. "If I had not glamoured them within an inch of their sanity, all of our lives would have been shattered!"

Sookie took in a breath. "I know. I'm sorry."

"You keep saying that!" Bill yelled at her and that was when made Tori clench her fists in the leather seats, trying her best to not punch Bill. She understood the risk of what happened, but he was being a dick. "And I am expected to what? Forget this ever happened?!"

The blonde furrowed her brows. "What else would you like me to say? I knew when she asked me to take her. I should say no, but all I could think about was Gran and what I'd get to see her again."

"And what, she's not allowed to at least look at her family," Victoria snapped, her once panicked expression turned into anger. "I would—"