26

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎
her angel eyes saw the good in many devils

IT WAS THE next day and it was Egg's funeral, which both girls decided go to, to support Tara, and be there for her

When they arrived at the cemetery, Sookie was wearing a beautiful sea foam dress while Tori wore a tight pink dress that clung to her curves. They had overheard Tara asking Mike who had paid for the funeral.

"We both did," Sookie spoke up and the woman turned to them with tearful eyes. "I understand if you don't want me here, but the both of us thought at the very least Eggs deserved a real funeral."

Tara looked like she was going to cry and she gestured to the cousins, "No, come on." The three of them held their arms around each other and looked to the beautiful set up. "The casket's nice. You didn't have to."

Sookie looked to her friend with soft eyes. "None of this makes me feel better about anything." She sighed. "But maybe it might help you,"

Tara continued to look at the coffin and sniffed, trying to hold back from more tears falling. "It doesn't. I know you both mean well, but there ain't anything anyone can do right now."

"At least you got somewhere to visit him now," Sookie comforted their friend.

"It may not seem like much, but we feel better having a place to visit Gran," Victoria spoke up and cleared her throat so she didn't choke up. It seems as though they are surrounded by death.

"Every time I visit her, it hurts a little bit less," Sookie added. "Will you come back home?" At that question, Tara began to cry. "It's okay if you're still angry with me. We'll be in Jackson for a couple of days. We got a lead on Bill."

Tori held the girl's hand. "You'll have the house to yourself."

Tara sighed and then nodded. "Lafayette's making me so crazy I wanna eat the wallpaper."

The cousins looked to Mike, and Sookie was the one to speak, "I think this is everybody."

The funeral went by perfectly, and the girls ended up having to comfort Tara, both geeking her pain. And after the hour went by, the three friends parted with kind words and smiles which made their day seem like it was going to have a good ending.

But, that wasn't the case.

Upon walking into the house, the cousin's noticed the blood on the carpet. Sookie sighed and Tori rubbed her arm with a raised brow.

They grabbed the carpet and pulled it out onto the porch, and began to scrub it clean. But, before they could get much done, Sookie tensed up, and Tori knew what that meant. Quickly, both girls turned their heads to see a tall guy with dark hair and brown eyes. The blonde screamed loudly, and they grabbed one another before running into the house.