38

𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
she found the colors to paint him when the world left him grey

THE NEWLY ENGAGED couple had stayed in Paris a few more days, especially after they had a very long talk about their future

THE NEWLY ENGAGED couple had stayed in Paris a few more days, especially after they had a very long talk about their future. After Eric asked Tori to make him, she started to think about the fact that he was a vampire, and that meant one big thing; she can't have babies.

She had started crying one night and he had to comfort her. She told him about how she has always wanted children, and now she wouldn't be able to have them if she turned.

He had been quiet for a few minutes, pacing back and forth, trying to figure something out. He then had stopped and walked towards her quickly, grabbing her face in his hands with wide eyes.

He then suggested something she didn't think about. "What if we get a sperm donor? I don't quite like the idea of someone else's eggs being inside you, but it would be half of yours, something you have wanted for years. I would give up the fact it's not my child just to see you smile and be happy."

So hours later, they had walked into a fertility clinic together, and came out with something to look forward to.

Now, they were pulling up to the Gilbert home. Eric had demanded to drive seeing as Tori needed to rest seeing as she had a small fetus growing inside her that will soon call him daddy and her mommy. It got him excited because he never thought it would happen, hell, he never really thought about it after Godric saved him. But now, it's all he can think about; a life with his wife and child.

"Tori!" Elena shouted as she ran out of the house, and into her twin sisters arms with a wide smile. "It's so good to see you." She pulled back slightly to look her sister up and down. "There's something different about you. You're glowing." She gasped and her eyes widened when she saw the ring on Tori's left hand. "Oh, my god! He proposed!"

Tori grinned and began jumping up and down, glancing over at her fiancé with a huge smile. "He did! And it was in a Paris!"

"Paris?!"

They squealed together, combined hands, and jumped in the spot happily and excitedly.

"You two are like screaming chimpanzees!" Damon shouted as he walked out of the house wit raises brows. He glanced between the two sisters and Eric who was just leaning on the car with a smile. "What happened?"

"She's getting married!" Elena screamed loudly and twirled her twin around. "I'm going to be a sister in-law!"

"Also an aunt," Eric commented which made the whole yard silent before Elena squealed even louder than she had before. "It's only been a few days, so we don't know much, but we do know it's growing inside her."

"It?" Elena raised a brow over at him before drowning. "Wait. How is this happening? Did—"

"We went to a sperm donor." Tori walked over to Damon to pull him into a hug seeing as she missed him, too. "We have no clue on the gender or anything else. All we know is that it worked and that we're excited for this role in our new life together."

"Don't you think it's happening too fast?" Elena asked cautiously as they began walking into the house. She saw the way Eric clenched his jaw and held onto Tori's hand. "I didn't mean it in a negative way. You two finally got on a good ground, went on a couple of dates, and now you're pregnant and engaged all at once? Shouldn't you take one step at a time?"

Tori shrugged as she gazed lovingly up at Eric. "He's the first person who I have ever loved like that, and I don't see myself with anyone else. He has always been there for me, whether I've noticed or not. And I know we belong together. Maybe things seem like they are going fast, but I don't think they are." She smiled at her fiancé and placed a kiss on his jaw.

"I'm so glad that you have found your happily ever after, Tori," Elena told her sister with a soft smile.

Tori nodded briefly before biting her lip. "There's another reason why we're here. We are also here to ask Bonnie if she would be willing to find a way for a daylight ring to work on Eric."

"They don't already?" Damon asked, tilting his head in confusion.

Eric pursed lips lips. "The witches that have ever came in contact with our type of vampire, they made them step into the sunlight to kill them, rather than help them. Plus, our biology works different than your type. So, she would have to find the right spell in order for me to not explode."

Elena nodded and grabbed her phone from her back pocket. "I'll call and ask her."

Tori smiled at her sister. "Let's hope that she helps."

IT WAS DAYS later when Bonnie had finally found a spell that could work, and she had a ring that Tori picked out right in front of her. The ring was similar to a wedding band, but it was more plain.

Her eyes were close, dozens of candles were lit around her, and she sprinkled some type of herb around the ring, all the while muttering spell that was in another language than Latin. It was different than any other spell Bonnie has ever done, and a little more powerful, but she said she could do it, so they all hoped it was true.

All of a sudden, the candles were blown out, and something else seemed to chant in the air before everything went dead silent and black.

Then, all at once, the candles lit up again and everyone held their breath as Bonnie slowly opened her eyes. She looked dazed for a few seconds before picking up the ring and holding it out to Tori.

The Gilbert twin turned to her fiancé and grinned as she slid the ring on his finger. She nodded towards Elena who slowly opened up the curtain.

Eric held his breath as the light hit him, and he tensed, ready to explode. But, then he didn't. Seconds went by, and nothing.

Letting out a shaky breath, Eric grabbed Tori by her waist and spun her around in a circle, exclaiming his happiness in Swedish.