21

𝐃𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐆𝐎 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘
nothing hurts more than losing someone you love

THE TRIO; Caroline, Elena, and Victoria were walking through the gym hall which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance

THE TRIO; Caroline, Elena, and Victoria were walking through the gym hall which was being decorated for the 20s Decade Dance. Caroline had a clipboard and was in charge of the preparations because Rebekah had gone missing. 

The only reason Tori was there at the moment was to spend some time with Caroline and to tell her about Godric who was currently stuck in his coffin again seeing as it was daytime.

"So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?" The blonde questioned in confusion. 

"It's not." Elena sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I just wish there was something more I can do. Any spells I have tried to find haven't even done anything to help." She then moved away from them and picked up a chandelier. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?" 

Caroline stopped walking with an annoyed scowl on her face. "You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." She took it from Elena and handed the chandelier to a passingby student. "Just no!" She saw Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars from the ceiling. "What are you doing? You can't just hang them!" She yelled at them with her temporary authority. "They're supposed to trickle down." The blonde vamp used her hand to demonstrate. 

Jeremy hit Matt's shoulder mockingly. "Trickle, duh!" 

Tori laughed lightly while Caroline looked up at them. "Look at them all bromancy." 

Elena nodded and looked at them as well. "Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill." 

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out," Tori said with a loud sigh.

Caroline frowned. "Yeah. after everything he has been through... he's so strong." She then swiveled around to face Elena. "So who are you bringing to the dance?" She smiled at Tori and said, "We all know you got a boo in another town."

Tori blushed heavily. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, come on, Tor!" The blonde exclaimed with a wide smile. "You were on the phone with Eric all night last night. And every time you talk about him, you get all smiley and blushy. It's honestly adorable to see like someone. It's been awhile."

Victoria smiled and bit her lip. "Okay, well, enough about me, what about you? I heard you and Tyler are broken up and I think it would be really awesome if you brought Godric to the dance. It doesn't have to be a romantic gesture or anything. He just needs some fun and light in his life." She gave the blonde puppy eyes. "Please?"

Caroline sighed. "Anything for you."

"Yay!" Tori squealed and hugged her friend. "You're the best!"

Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck before pausing. "Wait. I thought us girls were going together, with Bonnie."

The perky vampire made a face before looking at her. "Hm, Bonnie has a date. Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him."

Elena nodded and then smiled. "Well... then Tori and I will go together." She wrapped her arm around her twin and kissed her forehead. "Unless you wanna call Eric."

Tori blushed, but shook her head. "He wouldn't fit in, nor like it. Trust me."

The blonde turned to the oldest Gilbert twin with a raised brow. "Does Godric have a suit?" When Tori shook her head, she sighed. "Do you know at least what size he wears?" When the Gilbert girl shook her head again, the blonde groaned. "You are no help!" She grabbed the boa from Elena's neck, and hit Tori with it which made the girl giggle loudly and run away.

IT WAS LATER that day and Victoria had just been laying in her bed due to not having to go to school. She was trying to get ahold of Sookie and Jason but it seemed like they had a lot on their hands, so she was bored pretty much the whole day.

But, once it hit night time, she had gotten a call that made her world cave in on her.

Apparently, Esther — the mother of the Original's — came back and decided to make Alaric the ultimate weapon. She had given him Elena's blood and turned him into an Original, but after killing her, he decided he wasn't going to finish the transformation, so that meant she was going to lose yet another person she loves.

She had gotten Godric to speed her to the Cemetery where everyone was already gathering, and she choked back a sob as she realized this was real, and there wasn't much she could do.

Then, Elena walked out of the tomb and Alaric followed her. There were lit candles scattered around them and he smiled a little. Elena walked to Stefan and saw that Damon, Caroline and Tyler, Matt, Bonnie, Tori, Godric, Jeremy, and Meredith was standing there. Alaric teared up and walked into the tomb so Tori followed him.

"Hey Ric," she greeted with a small smile before he turned to face her.

"Hey," he whispered tearfully before quickly pulling her into a tight hug and sobbing into her hair. She wrapped her arms around him, returning the embrace. She shut her brown eyes in an attempt to keep herself from crying. He pulled away and wiped his face furiously.

She looked up at him and sighed heavily to steady herself. "Thank you. For everything. You were a father to me and I—" She choked on her own words. "I'm so glad that you were by my side through everything, even when I give bad people second chances." She saw the face he was making and grinned through the tears. "Okay, many chances they didn't deserve. But, you were there for me and I couldn't be more grateful." She took in a shaky breath and reached forward, grabbing his hands. "I'm going to miss you so much." Tears rolled down her cheeks and she began shaking uncontrollably. "No... no. You can't do this. Please reconsider."

He shook his head and ran his hand through her hair. "If I go through with this, everyone will die. Everyone you care about. I'm not going to do that to you."

She broke down and shook her head. "I won't be able to handle this. I have already lost so much. Please don't leave me, Ric."

Alaric smiled, though more tears rolled down his face. "You've lost so much and that is why it can handle this." He laid a hand on her cheek, wiping away the tears that fell. "Don't get yourself killed, please. Keep an eye out on everyone and remember to never give up." Then, he pulled her into another hug and gave her a lingering kiss on the forehead. "Goodbye, Victoria."

"Goodbye, Ric," she whispered painfully before letting him go and leaving the tomb. Once she saw Damon, she ran straight into his arms, and started sobbing even louder.

"It's going to be okay, little warrior," Damon whispered against her head before tightening his hold on her. "Everything will be okay."

She looked over his shoulder at Godric who sent her a pained smile. "You ready brave, little one, you will get through this just like the man had said."

She sent him a smile, though it was probably more like a grimace before she buried her head into Damon's chest, and began crying again.