37

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
she had the most beautiful thing i had ever seen and it took only her laugh to realize that beauty was the least of her

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄she had the most beautiful thing i had ever seen and it took only her laugh to realize that beauty was the least of her

AS THE CITY appeared in nothing but darkness Eric and Tori crossed the Seine in silence.

Without the traffic, they walked right down the centre of the street and not far away lay The Eiffel Tower, like a skeleton of metal projecting up into a sky that was rapidly becoming black.

Standing at the base looking up, Tori can truly say that she never would have imagined the size of it. The legs are as far apart as your average town plaza and the metal is dull. She reached out to touch it, cold of course.

"Do you like this?" Eric asked shyly as he watched the love of his life light up at the sight of the tower and the couples walking about.

Tori turned to him with a big smile on her face. She slowly walked over to him and stood up in her tippy-toes, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You think I wouldn't like Paris?" She chuckled and pressed a kiss to his chin. "I love it and I love you. This is my favorite date of ours so far."

"So far?" He teased lightly as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

She grinned up at him, her brown eyes sparkling even in the dark night. "Of course. We have a whole life ahead of us where we will be traveling."

He smiled and leaned down to press a kiss against her nose, her cheek, her jaw, and then her lips. "I love you, Victoria."

"I love you too, Eric," she told him and kissed him on the lips even harsher, showing him how much she meant those words.

After Elena was deemed safe and everyone that could hurt her or the other vampires was dead, along with Katherine and her daughter who was apparently hellbent on keeping her mother alive, was dead, Eric and Tori decided to travel away from their problems to get a little couple time.

It now has been roughly two weeks, and they have mostly been stopping everywhere to cherish memories together. They had first stopped by Bon Temps to check in on Fangtasia and to see if Sookie had been spotted. After that, they headed for Paris which took a lot longer than it should've because Eric couldn't be out in daytime.

They had just left a cute coffee shop, even though it was late at night, but they didn't care. They had spent the past two hours talking, laughing, and just having a great time. Even though Eric didn't eat or drink anything, he still looked confident, and admired her with his shining blue eyes.

He had then stood up after she finished her food and coffee, and offered her to see the Eiffel Tower, something she has always wanted to see up close.

Smiling at her, tilting his head forward, Eric took a small step backwards and got down on one knee which had Tori gasping. The act hadn't caught up to her brain, but she knew whatever was about to be said or done, it was going to change a lot of things.

"Victoria Gilbert." He looked up at her with bright blue, hopeful filled eyes. "You took my breath away the moment my eyes landed on you. I thought you were just another beautiful being, but then you talked and you were brave and could hold your own." He licked his lips as he looked her up and down. "I fell in love with you before I even knew what those words even meant. I will do anything for you and I will fight for you no matter what. And I don't see myself living another day without you by my side. Always."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small beautiful black box, held it up towards her, and opened it, showing a small beautiful diamond ring. "Victoria... will you marry me?" His eyes were so hopeful and full of adoration.

Tori stood frozen for a second, her heart pounding loudly in her ears, and she knew he could hear it. Tears shone in her brown eyes before she shouted, "Yes!" She sprang into his arms, and squealed loudly in happiness as he twirled her around. "I love you so much!"

Placing her feet back on the ground, he gently grabbed her left hand and slipped the ring on her finger. He then placed a kiss on the inside or her wrist and then her lips.

This is where their story together really begins.