06

𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄
one day you're gonna have to stop pretending everything is okay

𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄one day you're gonna have to stop pretending everything is okay

VICTORIA GASPED AWAKE due to hearing a loud clatter. She sat up, pushing her hair out of her face. She tilted her head and listened, and only got up once she heard another noice.

She grabbed the baseball bat that was beside her bed and started making her way downstairs, trying to be as quiet as possible.

When she rounded the corner to the living room, she let out a screech once a person came in view and she ended up hitting them with her baseball bat.

"Ow!" The person yelled, stumbling back. "What the fuck, Victoria?!"

Victoria lowered her baseball bat and slumped her shoulders in relief, glad that it wasn't some robber. But, she wasn't really that happy that it was Jason, either. "What are you doing here, asshole?"

"Tori!"

Both Victoria and Jason turned to see Sookie in a striped blue shirt, and her white nightgown idraped over her left arm.

"Oh, my--" Victoria cut herself off, realizing where Sookie was all night and what she must've done.

"What are you doin'?" Sookie asked her brother, walking towards them, and stood beside the brunette who was in her pajama's which consisted of pink silk shorts and tank top.

"Uh?" Jason looked between both girls. "Nothin'. Nothing." He then leaned over to Sookie with a scowl. "You went ahead and did it, huh? My own sister. Nothing but a damn fangbanger. You saved it all these years for a fucking vampire?!"

Victoria scowled and stepped in front of Sookie. "She's a grown ass woman, Jason. She can do whatever the hell she wants. At least she doesn't go around hitting women."

Jason let out a breath. "I tried to apologize, but you wouldn't let me."

Victoria rolled her eyes. "Yeah." She scoffed. "Pushing me down on the floor is an apology." She crossed her arms, looking at what he had in his hands. Candlesticks and a large paper bag. "What are you doing with Gran's candlesticks?"

"I'm just taking half of what's mine," Jason said, defensively.

"They were her wedding present from her mother," Sookie said, her voice cracking slightly.

"I need the money," Jason said, shrugging.

"For what?" Victoria questioned. "You have a job and a house. What could you possibly need the money for?"

Jason frowned and scoffed. "It's none of your damn business, woman."

"Is it for drugs?" Victoria asked, seeing the signs. Her little brother used to do drugs.