05

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃
they witnessed her destruction, they were left to wonder why. she saw nothing but darkness, though the stars shone in her eyes

VICTORIA JUMPED FROM her spot, still holding onto Gran's body, and let out a scream as someone touched her

"It's me — Bill!" The person who had grabbed onto her shoulders, said, but she still fought their hold, so they were forced to let go of her.

She ignored everything around her, her eyes never leaving her Gran's dead body. She was just another person to the ever-growing list that Victoria has lost.

First her adoptive parents, her bio parents, Jenna, Vicky, and now Gran's. Why did the world hate her so much?

Gran was the last light in her ever dimming world. She was the one who was always optimistic and had the best advice in the worst possible times.

So, looking down at Gran's dead mutilated body, what she once treasured is now a memory, a shadow lingering in the depths of her mind.

It's a strange thing to lose something which you once had, like a limb torn from your body without the chance to save it. The door that was once open and welcoming was locked and disinviting. Gran had left her and she felt like the walls were caving in.

Thoughts were accelerating inside her head and she wanted them to slow so she could breathe, but they wouldn't.

Her breaths came in gasps and she felt like she would black out. Her heart was hammering inside her chest like it belonged to a rabbit running for it's skin.

"Tori!"

She heard someone shout, but she was too focused on trying to breathe, but her throat was constricting. It felt as if barbed wire was wrapped around her throat.

Suddenly, she was able to suck in a huge gulp of air. But, as soon as she did, she let out a painful scream.

Victoria cried as if the ferocity of it might bring Gran back; as if by the sheer force of her grief the murder would be undone. She was her grandma, her only grandma, the only person who made her feel like she had a purpose.

Sookie ran forward and tried to hold her, to calm her, even as his own tears fell thick and fast, but in her hysteria she was too strong, too wild. She stood up abruptly, making Sookie stumble back in shock.

After whirling about, unable to look through her puffy eyes at the photographs on the wall, she tumbled past a worried Sookie and Bill, and made her way out onto the porch, letting out another scream.

It was so raw that it hit Bill so hard in his undead heart that he even let out a few bloody tears. He's never seen someone so broken before. But, that was a given because he doesn't know how much she has suffered the past year and a half.