09

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄
you can't even begin to imagine what i had to go through to deserve these scars

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄you can't even begin to imagine what i had to go through to deserve these scars

VICTORIA AND SOOKIE stormed into the station with wild eyes. A policeman stepped in front of them, blocking their path.

Sookie stood tall, her brown eyes narrowed. "I'm going in, whether you like it or not. He's my brother."

The Policeman shook his head. "He's only allowed one visitor at a time."

Victoria stepped forward and glared, crossing her arms over her chest, showing cleavage. "Either let us by or throw us in there with him, but either way, we're going to see Jason!" She grabbed the blondes hand and they quickly ran past the policeman.

They ran into the area where the cells were and saw Rene leaning on the wall opposite of Jason.

"Jason!" Sookie shouted as both girls held onto the bars, looking at the blonde man who looked simply exhausted.

Jason leaned onto the bars, and wrapped his much larger hands around theirs. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Tears pooled in his similar brown eyes.

Sookie shook her head. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I just wish I got here before you confessed to something you didn't do."

Jason let out a sigh and swallowed thickly. "I don't even remember doing any of it. I just know I did."

"You need to shut up," Victoria was harsh as those words left her mouth. "Sookie and I — we're real close to finding out who the real killer is."

"His name's Drew Marshall," Sookie informed him. "He head a sister named Cindy, and I think he killed her. Strangled her just like Maudette and Dawn, and Amy."

Rene must've thought something because Sookie turned to him and said, "We tried that. So far the cops have done diddlysquat to protect me and my family. Besides, I don't have evidence. I don't even know what Drew Marshall looks like."

Rene tilted his head. "So, you can't really be sure he's the killer."

Sookie grimaced. "I've seen what's inside his head."

Jason brought their attention back to him as he said, "I know you both wanna help me, but that's only because you can't accept the truth. I'm a murderer, and I'm going to hell. Plain and simple."

"You aren't hearing us!" Sookie snapped, "I think I know who the killer is. All we gotta do is find him."

Jason huffed. "Andy!"