02

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒
when you lose someone, it stays with you. always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt

AFTER REUNITING WITH both Grans and Jason, Victoria felt more at home than she ever did in Mystic Falls, especially after the wreck

The wreck is what made everything worse. Victoria's life changed for the worse — vampires came into the equation, turning her world upside down and always putting her in danger. And, of course, because of her caring nature, she put herself in front of all the danger to keep everyone she loved safe. That's just who she is and it was never going to change, no matter how much she wanted it to.

And even though she's been in Bon Temps for only two days, Sam had already given her a job as a waitress, and she has met Sookie's boyfriend — or whatever he was to her — and he happened to be Type A vampire. It wasn't that much of a surprise seeing as falling in love with vampires happen to run in the family — first Elena and now Sookie. Plus, Sookie had told the younger girl that she couldn't read Bill's mind which must feel like heaven to the blonde.

Right now, both her and Gran walked towards a tired and frustrated Sookie who was mowing the lawn. Gran carried a glass of lemonade.

"Sookie!" The younger Gilbert shouted, interrupting her cousin who abruptly looked up at her with wide eyes, turning the mower off.

Gran let out a breath as both women stopped walking. "You're gonna faint out here in this heat, honey! It's barely 9:00 and already 80 degrees. Here. I made you some lemonade. Fresh-squeezed."

Sookie smiled and wiped the sweat on her brows before taking the glass of lemonade, sipping it. "Thanks, Gran."

"I helped," Victoria spoke up, grinning. She remembered she, Elena, and Jeremy would come here for summer break. She and Elena always used to put up a lemonade stand and sell it, granted it was terrible lemonade, but people were so sweet and bought some anyway.

Gran looked at the blonde in worry. "Goodness, what has got into you?"

Victoria looked at her cousin, tilting her head. Ever since Sookie went to Bill's house last night, she's been acting weird.

"I just need to stay busy right now, that's all," The blonde muttered, handing Victoria the half empty glass of lemonade.

"What? How long have you been--" Victoria gestured around the yard, just now noticing how much her cousin had gotten done.

Sookie glanced around with narrowed eyes. "I started uh ... when the sun came up. But I was up much earlier than that. I just stayed inside."