11

𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓
it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations

𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations

VICTORIA AND ELENA were in Alaric's apartment, working out when Damon walked in.

Looking at Victoria who was lifting, he looked her up and down before asking, "What? Are you going to bench press a vampire?" 

Victoria let out a loud grunt, because she was pushing her body a little to hard. She then lowered the bar and put it in it's place, before sitting up. She grasped her sides and looked up at the blue eyed vampire, chuckling lightly. "If that was possible, I would definitely love to see that." 

Switching spots, Elena moved from the pinching bag and went over to the weights as Victoria moved to the punching bag.

Elena rhetorically asked, "Do you actually know what's happening right now? Stefan's being a completely different person." She then laid down and began to lift the weight, grunting.

Damon stood behind her, pressing down on the weight only using a fraction of his real strength.

"What are you doing?" Elena asked, struggling to keep up the weight as Victoria continued to punch the bag, knowing she'd be okay. 

Answering her, he replied, "Helping you out." 

"Damon!" She yelled, fighting to keep it up. 

Smirking, Damon teased, "Come on, Buffy! You've got this." 

"Stop it," Elena said more sternly as she let go of the bar that Damon now held in his hand making sure it didn't fall on her. Sitting up slowly, she said, "Like one obnoxious Salvatore isn't bad enough." 

"Victoria called. I'm here." He then turned to the youngest brunette who began to drink from a water bottle, sweat pouring down her face, making her long hair stick to her. "What's your plan, oh warrior princess?" Damon asked, giving her another nickname.

Victoria stopped punching the bag and sat down, rubbing her aching spots. "I have no words other than the fact that I want him dead," she told him.

Elena couldn't help but smile softly at her sister. "I want to lock Stefan up, at least until this Mikael guy comes, kills Klaus, and the compulsion breaks." 

Damon looked at her strangely, explaining, "Compulsion or not, Stefan's high on human blood, okay? A lot of it." 

Not taking no for an answer, Elena tried to reason, "We've gotten him off of it before." 

Damon shook his head and said, "This is different. It's not a stint in rehab, Elena. His humanity's gone. Light's out. No one's home." 

"Then do it for Tori, Damon," Elena begged, "You should've seen what he did to her. We need to get him back because old Stefan would never hurt her, or me."

"What did he do to her?" Damon demanded as he approached Victoria who he thought of as a best friend. He looked over her before seeing the horrible looking bite Stefan had gave her after almost sucking her dry.

"Damon..." Elena sighed, gaining his attention. "Please."

Damon rolled his eyes at her before saying. "I'll do whatever it is you need me to do. No one going to hurt either of you again." Not only did he almost drink Victoria dry, but also Elena. They had matching scars to prove it.

"Good, cause we want to do it tonight."

THE MOMENT WHEN Stefan caught a falling Elena, Victoria came up behind, knowing he was distracted, and stabbed him in the neck with vervain. He fell to the ground, unconscious. 

Victoria grabbed her sister, asking, "You okay?" She looked her over, making sure she had not one scrape on her.

Nodding, Elena answered, "Yeah. I'm...Fine." 

Looking at the older twin, Alaric stated, "You look, uh, not sober." 

Still slightly drunk, she said, "The plan worked. That's all that matters. Let's just get him out of here."

Alaric nodded, taking Stefan's body, lifting him up while Victoria unlocked the trunk, and Elena helped him put Stefan's body inside. 

Once he was inside the twins got inside and unbeknownst to them Vicki Donovan was just outside watching them.

Elena moved directly next to Stefan, cradling his head in her lap. 

Alaric walked towards the drivers door knocking over a can of gasoline. "Nice to see all the geniuses came out to the bonfire tonight." 

Vicki, whose smoking, looked at them before blowing on the joint tossing it onto the ground.

Alaric turned seeing a path of fire finding its way to the car setting it on fire. "Victoria! Elena!" 

The twins began to freak out upon seeing the car on fire, and they tried to escape.

"Open the door!" Echo screamed at her sister. 

"I can't!" Elena shouted back as Alaric came rushing back trying to break the glass, but it wouldn't budge.

Victoria and Elena began to cough the air becoming too hard to breath, and Elena shouted, "Stefan!"

Victoria groaned and covered her mouth as she kicked at the glass, but it still wouldn't budge. Her whole body was aching, her head was pounding, and she was beginning to cry in fear.

Slowly, Stefan woke up just as Elena almost collapsed. He used all his strength to break the trunk open. He coughed, and since he was too loopy on Vervain, he wasn't much help.

Victoria literally flung Elena towards Alaric who grabbed both of them, pulling them out of the car.

"Wait!" Elena shouted with a cough before she turned around. "Stefan!"

"Oh, no!" Victoria couldn't help herself as she helped Elena with grabbing Stefan, and pulling him out and away from the burning vehicle. No matter what, Victoria will always care for others more than herself, even if those 'others' have hurt her.

They rushed away from the car, and just as they got far enough, the car exploded, making them fall to the ground.

Looking back, Victoria could've sworn she saw the face of Vicki staring back at her.

LATER THAT NIGHT, Victoria was in her room, packing her back, grabbing more stuff that she might need to protect herself with.

Elena walked into her room and paused. "I know there is nothing I can say that will stop you from leaving. Hell, if I was you, I would too, but this place is my home — our home." She walked towards her sister. "But with that said... I'm going to miss you." She pulled Tori into a hug. "Will you at least tell me where you're staying?"

Victoria pulled back from the hug and turned around, and finished packing. "Sookie's," she simply said before rolling her neck as it began to ache.

Elena nodded slowly and then grabbed her hand. "If you need anything, if it's just a late night vent, I'll be one call away. No matter where you are, or what's going on, you're always going to be my sister, my twin. I love you more than I will ever love anyone else."

Victoria nodded and pulled her into a hug, crying softly. "I love you, Elena."

Elena smiles and pressed a soft kiss to her head. "I love you too, Tori."