04

𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
the worst day of loving someone is the day that you lose them

THE NEXT MORNING, both Sookie and Victoria ventured into the kitchen, both still on their pajama's, and they saw Gran making eggs and on talking on the phone

"Well...I will be at the church early," Gran said into the phone, making both girls glance to her. Victoria's mouth watered when she saw a plate of eggs and sausage patties, beside them a carafe of orange juice. "If you would like to like to stop by and say hi. Mr. Compton's talk starts at eight." There was a slight pause. "All right! Same to you! Bye now!" She quickly hung up, making both girl raise eyebrows.

"Phone's been ringin' early today," Sookie commented, sipping some orange juice as Gran brought the food to the table. Almost immefoatly, Victoria dug in.

Gran took a seat at the table, holding the phone to her chest. "Everyone is excited about meetin' the town vampire tonight." She then smiled at the girls. "I didn't hear ya come in last night."

Sookie shrugged. "You went to bed early. You didn't wanna hear us come in."

"Well..." Gran chuckled, looking to the blonde. "I just thought I'd give you guys a little privacy, is all."

Victoria rose an amused eyebrow. "Nothing would have happened since I was there with them," she commented. "Anyway, is she really that much of a lost cause that you gotta pin all your hopes for her on a vampire?"

Gran furrowed her eyebrows. "But he really seems like a very nice man."

"Well, he's not," Snookie snapped.

Gran tilted her head. "He's not nice?"

"Or a man," Sookie hissed.

"Oh, goodness!" Gran exclaimed. "Did you two have a fight?"

"A fight?" Victoria chuckled, amused. "They had a quarrel," She said, gulping down her orange juice. "They argue like a fuc--fudging couple," She quickly changed her wording, not wanting to get yelled out by Gran.

Sookie crossed her arms, growing defensive. "I don't think Bill and I have very much in common. He doesn't think like we do, he doesn't the way we do, if he...feels at all." She pierced a piece of sausage and ate it.

Gran sighed. "Well, I know that, if I had a chance to know somebody who'd experienced the world differently, I'd see it as a blessing and not somethin' to be scared of. Or hate." The phone she was holding began to ring and she didn't move to answer it.

Sookie shook her head. "I don't hate him. I just don't want to be his girlfriend."

The phone continued to ring which made Victoria look at her Gran's in worry. "Erm, Gran, the phone is ringing."

Gran made a face. "Machine'll pick it up." She smiled broadly at the girls who glanced to eachother.

THE CHURCH WAS dark and people started crowding into it when the clock truck eight.