03

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀
smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. sometimes, it simply means that you are a strong person

VICTORIA SAT BETWEEN Jason and Sookie who were getting questioned by the police

Sookie had found a girls body — Dawn, was her name and she worked at Merlotte's. Jason had arrived moments after Sookie and apparently he was in a sexual relationship with her which didn't surprise Victoria too much. So, now, Jason is a suspect and Sookie is witness. Victoria was just there there for moral support, knowing how hard it is to see someone you know dead. She's way too used to it, to be honest.

The sheriff gave Sookie a soft look. "Now, I realize you've been through a lot. And you're scared. But I need you to try and remember when you got here. Was the door open? Or just unlocked?"

Sookie looked freaked out and a lot paler than usual. "Uh...o-open, I think."

As the Sheriff continued talking, Victoria noticed that Sookie was not paying attention to him, but was looking at the rest of the people that were in the room. She reached over and gripped the blonde's hand. "Sook..."

Sookie abruptly turned to the brunette and apologized to the Sheriff. "Sorry... um, what was the question?"

"Is that the exact position you found her in?" He repeated his question.

Sookie licked her lips, looking like she was about to throw up. "Well, I covered her up with a sheet, but I don't think I touched her.:

Sheriff Bud shook his head. "I wish you hadn't o' done that."

Sookie narrowed her eyes. "Next time I find a friend of mine dead, I'll try to remember that," she snapped before getting up and walking away.

Victoria apologized for Sookie's behavior and ran after her cousin.

THE COUSINS WERE was sitting down on the porch when Sam approached them.

"Came as soon as I heard." He sat down between both girls. He took his sunglasses off and held them in his left hand. "I'm sorry you had to be the one to find her.

Sookie sucked in a breath. "It was gonna be somebody, right?"

"I guess," Sam replied. "Oh, I tell you, Sook. Sometimes I don't even recognize this world we're livin' in. I mean, Goddamn it!"

Sookie sat straighter and became defensive. "Be careful, now! God didn't do this."

Both Sam and Victoria glanced to eachother and chuckled. "You think maybe I should shut down the bar for the day?"